Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those T28's are plain bearing aren't they? Eitherway, should suit the 4AGTE pretty well... might be a little bit... interesting... on a 1.6 :D

What're you doing with the other one? Shaaaaaaaaaaane, buy it :P

Yeah, they're non-ball bearing turbos. Meant to be good for up to 1bar (14.7psi), with the occasional short stint above that up to about 20psi. I'm only planning on running it at 14psi anyway, so that suits me. When I stroke the motor and get it rebuilt properly (at the same time) with a bigport head and good cams etc, I'll buy a new turbo and run it at higher boost. I'll be aiming for 340-350hp at the engine - with a 36mm air restrictor. Of course, I won't be getting this turbo fitted for a while anyway, as I've got quite a few other parts to buy to go with it (exhaust manifold, boost controller, front mount intercooler, intercooler piping, intake manifold). When I do get this turbo fitted I'll be hoping to get as much as 180rwkw though. For now I just want about 120-130rwkw with the supercharger.

As for the second turbo I arranged to go halves in purchasing these turbos, so he gets one for his SR20 and I get one for my 4A-GZE. I'll probably end up making more power than him when I get mine fitted. :D

Hey all my rolla is officialy a write off...

basically its copped some structural damage from the accident i had and isnt at its best anymore...

got a mate coming to weld it all up tomorrow but still even so I'm not happy with it, as a result i now looking for a car to stick my rollas engine into.

If any one knows of any AE82 hatches, AE95 wagons id be keen to have a look at em.

Also adam you sid you know of a 1500 dollar AE86? got some details? id be pretty keen to purchase...

The guy who's selling it is off work at the moment, so I can't contact him. I'll let you know more when I know more. And those 14x5.5 4x114.3 rims I've got are still available due to them not fitting over Kayarubin's calipers.

As for any other cars, I'll keep an eye out for you, but I haven't heard of much in a while. If you decide to sell any of your engines I want first dibs. I know you probably won't end up selling, but I wanted to be first in - just in case. :D

hrmm well we will see... I AM still lookin for a new vehicle but its not so urgent now. tho if this sprinter is a goer I'm defniately interested...

If i can't find one thats not overly overpriced (like a certain white one for sale on boostcruizing) I'm going AE95 wagon shopping... one was advertised in last saturdays papaer only 1400 bucks and that was ONO prolly coulda talked him down a little...

My mate (the welder) came to look at the car todayand said itd be no sweat at all to weld up my car. Hes going to brisbane (for jamboree the lucky bugger) on wednesday but cause hes a legend hes going to weld it all up for me monday afternoon after work... He said that the way hes going to weld it it will never be a problem again and will be stronger than it was standard.

While its up on the stands hes going to look at seam welding it all too.That will make her a mlittle stffer and slightly quicker round the track if i have enough spare dosh/time to finally get out on the track on the 30th.

He did all of the fabrication work on the Orange 10 second street registered FJ ute that I'm sure many of you guys have been amazed by at this years drag meets and street meets. if he can put together an old car like that and make it steer that straight with that much power the rolla should be a doddle.Normally he charges big $$$$ for labour but being a mate hes going to do me a good rate and I'm going to put a buzurk racing fabrications (the name of his company) sticker on the car.

Does anyone here have a good camera or video camera? id love to see the 82 in action on film when it makes its trasck debut...

I don't suppose with your motor sports contacts adam you could tell me where to get 15x8 inch rubber? id prefer racing compound rubber but anything you could find really its a fuggen rare size... My mate is giving me the wheels, they are going to be f@$king huge in the rolla tho, ill have to look into finding some bolt on flares if i want to run those wheels on the street...