Nt Major Discussion

Ella

15x8? FARK!!!! You'd have to be running tyres of at least 215mm wide. 205's may do the trick. If you want racing rubber, you'll need to visit City Tyre service. From memory, Yokohama Advan A032R's were $180/tyre for 13's, $220/tyre for 14's, or $270/tyre for 15's. I'm pretty certain that's right. And that's just for road-legal race rubber. Proper racing tyres would most likely cost a great deal more.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

youre right they wont fit... till i hand flare the guards... :P

as for dropping them off? err no ;)

i got a mate at cty tyre service who already hooks me up with second hand tyres from time to time he said he can hook me up with cheaper new stuff too tho i don't reackon he could get racing rubber cheap... will see how i go.

need to have it ready to race first.. and on that note I'm off to start doing a few mods..

I wouldn't be surprised if they only order the Advan's in once they've got an order, so I agree you're very unlikely to get any discount.

As for racing, by the time you actually make it to the track, my car might actually be running properly, and quickly what's more! ;)

So she's all pretty again???

As for a job, I don't know if you live anywhere near Coles Karama, but I hear they're desperate for nightfillers. 16 & 17 year olds start out on about $11/hour, and that steadily increases to $19/hour for 20 year olds, so you can make a fair bit. I know that my night fillers only get about 15 hours a week, but in a store that's desperate for staff you can often do quite a few more hours and reap the benefits.

I might be able to get down to the night meet for a few laps if i can get a job dam it.

A HUGE thanks to matt for doing the work on my car at such a compeditive rate. THANKS MAN!

yeah thats cool its to bad i can't do a better job coz i don't have the tools at home

Yep, Danno is correct. You should be able to see a little dipstick coming out of the supercharger. I've never changed mine, but really should. Also, I don't know what oil you plan on using, but don't just go and use any regular engine or gear oil, as it will NOT work. ModYourCar.com.au has what is supposedly an appropriate oil available for sale here, but that's only what one previous customer has said, and I would do some searching to confirm it first if I were you.

Just found the page I was looking for (Phil Bradshaw's home page) and people in the know use 90-weight gear oil, with Castrol VMX being a recommended brand, although I can only find info on Castrol VMX as an 80W (80-weight) oil. Having done a bit of searching, I'd reckon that the Redline oil on ModYourCar will probably be fine. Unless you want to be extravagant and buy the proper Toyota oil at great expense.