Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a go at the Celica again yesterday (I'd let it sit since Wednesday night). Jump started it, started driving down our street, and it WASN'T happy. Turns out I'd used a bit more fuel than expected on the way home from 'fixing' the car, and I ran out at the end of my street - and it's a VERY short street. :)

Pushed the car back into the court at the end, went and got 20L of fuel, and topped the car up. Ran fine after that. Went for a drive through Rosebery with Alley following, and I could hear a clicking noise. I slowed down and listened to it, and noticed it went in time with car speed. I got out and checked the front right tyre, thinking it was peeling or something. Nope. Could still hear the clicking with the engine runnning and the car stopped. Popped the bonnet, and the alternator belt that we'd noticed was slightly damaged was now self-destructing. So I babied her home, went to Supercheap and found they don't have the right alternator belt and that the ST205 came with two different types, neither in common with other Celicas or Camry's. Went to Independant and they had the right belt in stock. :D I'll be putting that on tomorrow when I've got more spare time. Also priced a slave cylinder rebuild kit ($18), but didn't buy it (they had that in stock too) as I want to see if the problem still exists. It doesn't seem to at the moment, as we took a fair bit of air out when bleeding the clutch, so that may have been it.

BTW, I won't be online as much while on leave this week. You all have my mobile number if you need to contact me. If you don't have it, too bad, I'm on holidays. :)