September 13, 200719 yr comment_197643 Hey all, Its my birthday today and I got a voucher from red balloon for a driving day of my choice. There is a lot to choose from but I have narrowed it down to Formula Fords and V8 race prepared cars. They are basically the same day in different cars and I'm not sure which out of these to pick. Or another one I just looked at is V8 dirt buggies. Anybody who has done these driving days or driven these cars please help me to decide. Thanks, Mitch. Edited September 13, 200719 yr by mitch13 Report
September 13, 200719 yr comment_197648 Check if the v8's are the real deal or just stocky's with body kits and loud pipes. For me go for the formular fords, can't have the instructor in the passenger seat telling you to slow down :locked: Report
September 13, 200719 yr comment_197649 Yeah i would pick the formula Fords all though i haven't been in either but the formula Fords are more appealing. Report
September 13, 200719 yr comment_197650 A workmate did the V8 supercar drive at Calder. He said they are highly modified, but not to the highest quality of the real cars. You can't go flat out though! Infact they barely got into 4th gear and was only about 160-180km/h. I would be going for the Formula Ford option for the reason Colin stated above. Report
September 13, 200719 yr Author comment_197660 Yeh I was leaning towards the formula fords but thought it might be just like driving a go kart where as the V8s would be closer to a real racing experience. The V8 dirt buggies look pretty fun to just by the opening two words, drift and air haha. I think you would be more free to thrash the buggies aswell. Thanks for the input so far! Report
September 13, 200719 yr comment_197662 COOL Present!!!! I'd go the V8's just to have an instructor telling me to slow down :locked: Edited September 13, 200719 yr by SoulSearcher Report
September 13, 200719 yr comment_197677 I have driven the V8's at Calder Park. It's great fun. To start with, you get to take it to 4000rpm in 4th and if your instructor thinks your good enough, you'll get to take it to 5000rpm. The cars are highly modified Commodores and Monaros running the full race body kits, approx 400hp 5.0L V8's (weak I know, but they've got to last a lot longer than the race engines), supercar suspension, supercar brakes, full cage, 5 point harness, but still have a 5 stud pattern on the V8 style wheels and the stock (SS) dash. Don't know if the V8's in Sydney are the same or not, but I have heard that they have the Falcon as well as Commodores. v8race for Sydney or fastrackracing for Melbourne/Adelaide Report
September 15, 200719 yr Author comment_198015 Thanks Phil! Thanks for the help fellas I think I'm going the V8s Report
September 15, 200719 yr comment_198055 happy birthday... where may i aqquire one of these race day thingys lol... they sound fun? Report
September 16, 200719 yr Author comment_198123 My oldies got the voucher through Redballoon. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Report
September 16, 200719 yr comment_198188 lol at the blonde moment... off topic: are those falcon springs working out for ya? Report
September 17, 200719 yr Author comment_198270 Yeh mate, cheers! I just have to do something with the front and it should be sweet. Its sitting at the perfect height at the back though. Report
September 18, 200719 yr comment_198607 Yeh mate, cheers! I just have to do something with the front and it should be sweet. Its sitting at the perfect height at the back though. i have falcons for the front and those sprinter struts... lemme know if you interested... Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now