Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Formula Ford Or V8's

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

Its my birthday today and I got a voucher from red balloon for a driving day of my choice. There is a lot to choose from but I have narrowed it down to Formula Fords and V8 race prepared cars. They are basically the same day in different cars and I'm not sure which out of these to pick. Or another one I just looked at is V8 dirt buggies.

 

Anybody who has done these driving days or driven these cars please help me to decide.

 

Thanks, Mitch.

Edited by mitch13

Check if the v8's are the real deal or just stocky's with body kits and loud pipes. For me go for the formular fords, can't have the instructor in the passenger seat telling you to slow down :locked:

Yeah i would pick the formula Fords all though i haven't been in either but the formula Fords are more appealing.

A workmate did the V8 supercar drive at Calder. He said they are highly modified, but not to the highest quality of the real cars. You can't go flat out though! Infact they barely got into 4th gear and was only about 160-180km/h.

 

I would be going for the Formula Ford option for the reason Colin stated above.

  • Author

Yeh I was leaning towards the formula fords but thought it might be just like driving a go kart where as the V8s would be closer to a real racing experience.

The V8 dirt buggies look pretty fun to just by the opening two words, drift and air haha. I think you would be more free to thrash the buggies aswell.

 

Thanks for the input so far!

COOL Present!!!!

 

I'd go the V8's just to have an instructor telling me to slow down :locked:

Edited by SoulSearcher

I have driven the V8's at Calder Park. It's great fun. To start with, you get to take it to 4000rpm in 4th and if your instructor thinks your good enough, you'll get to take it to 5000rpm. The cars are highly modified Commodores and Monaros running the full race body kits, approx 400hp 5.0L V8's (weak I know, but they've got to last a lot longer than the race engines), supercar suspension, supercar brakes, full cage, 5 point harness, but still have a 5 stud pattern on the V8 style wheels and the stock (SS) dash. Don't know if the V8's in Sydney are the same or not, but I have heard that they have the Falcon as well as Commodores. v8race for Sydney or fastrackracing for Melbourne/Adelaide

Happy birthday by the way

  • Author

Thanks Phil!

Thanks for the help fellas I think I'm going the V8s

happy birthday...

 

where may i aqquire one of these race day thingys lol... they sound fun?

click on the links in philba's post

  • Author

My oldies got the voucher through Redballoon.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

lol at the blonde moment...

 

off topic: are those falcon springs working out for ya?

  • Author

Yeh mate, cheers!

I just have to do something with the front and it should be sweet. Its sitting at the perfect height at the back though.

Yeh mate, cheers!

I just have to do something with the front and it should be sweet. Its sitting at the perfect height at the back though.

 

i have falcons for the front and those sprinter struts... lemme know if you interested...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.