Beejays 1990 Ae93 Sx Hatch With Gze Powah

Beejae82

Haha about the cvs (well its not funny in the draining your wallet way) yeah its looking good but it sits too low in the rear, only has half an inch of travel before it hits up under the gaurds. New kybs will fix that and Kings KTRL-52, not KTRL-52SL in the rear, hopefully that will sit the gaurds over the tyres not on them.

Definately update or renew the 82 thread, I checked it out the other day and its a bit bare with only 5 pics, need to see more detail, more detaillllll !! Lol

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

all rims painted, just need to sand the lips, polish them all and get some new tyres

DSCF4493.jpg

DSCF4491.jpg

also got a white SE hatch off a mates mate, fitted it up and noticed the drivers side of the car has hit something or been hit and its not straight, so the new hatch wont close with the boot seal on, and it doesnt seem to sit flush with the roof and it can't be adjusted at all, frustration at its finest

Got a new wiper bottle and sump with oil cooler attahcments so i can set it all back up...pics to follow

I'm going under the radar now with my SE sticker in the rear window

Finally got it all going.

Bought a new clutch slave cylinder for $35 and clutch master cylinder rebuild kit for $45 from repco on friday, and spent 2 hours trying to get the clip in to hold the master cylinder rod in, I'm definately buying the pliers to do this.

Took a few photos and gave the car a much needed wash, ohh and i was given a tailgate only downside...it's white but that will change in time \, it also isnt yet capable of wearing the SX spoiler because its an SE boot, nothing a few holes and plugs can't help

DSCF4520.jpg

DSCF4521.jpg

DSCF4522.jpg

DSCF4523.jpg

DSCF4524.jpg

Nice and clean

DSCF4525.jpg

this is what i came up with for the intake system, thanks to Poggy for the mandrel bends and silicon joiners.I bought an air filter off repco and for the 3rd time in a row they send a filter that is 3 inches too long (honestly how hard can it be?) so I'll get it swapped on monday and it will be sweet, the pipe goes about 3 inches into the section in front of the passengers side wheel well. I will eventually reward myself and the car with a K&N air filter, anyone have the part number off hand and do repco sell them?

DSCF4561.jpg

DSCF4560.jpg

*will be reverting to 14" steelies after I realised the rear wheels are

only held on by 3 threads of the wheel nuts as a result of the spacers

to allow the tyres to clear the struts

Just thought I'd mention Beejay, I had this problem on my AE93, so I chsnged the wheel studs to Tarago items, they are longer and have the same thread, fixed the problem no worries!

*will be reverting to 14" steelies after I realised the rear wheels are

only held on by 3 threads of the wheel nuts as a result of the spacers

to allow the tyres to clear the struts

Just thought I'd mention Beejay, I had this problem on my AE93, so I chsnged the wheel studs to Tarago items, they are longer and have the same thread, fixed the problem no worries!

Ahoy Savvy, i like your info, I'll keep that in mind although to fix the problem i just attacked the strut bottoms with a hammer to put a squarer edge in them and stop the tyres from scrapping.

Haha that's gold, I was waiting for someone to say something about it! Just the old *we thought we had killed it, but who were we fooling it can't be killed* 4afe 5 speed. I once wanted it but found my SX.

Btw way people, I'm too lazy to start a thread yet but this bitch is for sale $6500, ill start a 4sale thread when I have the time, for now search twincam.org for the thread. (Am I allowed to say this?)

Ohh and I fitted the SX wing up the other day, new clutch master rebuild kit, new clutch slave, new fluid and air filter. 15s are back on for now.

• 1 year later...

that looks sweet man. howd you pull off the side railing without leaveing barely any marks of when it was still their? because i wanna do it to mine looks shit i rekon. also the way you did your dash looks sick. how long did that take you to do? the normal dash is pretty shitty i rekon... i wanna change all my gadges to white back with blue lights havnt got around to it yet though. how much did the black carpet set you back...iv got grey and its shit i want the interior of my car mainly black so the blue stands out alot more.

Edited by dazza02