Qmc 17th October

demuire

I just got the entry forms, sup regs etc, might upload them later. Have just had a brief look, and umm... *ahem*

<start whinge>

$65??? For a motorkhana??? WTF? So much for "grassroots" huh? For that price we'd better either run ALL the tests - twice even - or get prize money or something... In fact, $65 is the same price as the Australian Championships if I'm not mistaken... Given that each test will take maybe 30 seconds to complete and we typically get about 6 tests done, that's all of 3 MINUTES driving time for $65...

And what's with the lack of FWD/RWD classes for everything apart from D class? What makes D class so special?

And, yay, $65 gets you entry, plus 2 tickets to presentation, plus entry for a service vehicle (or at least that's how I read it). Yay. What if my "service vehicle" is the same vehicle I'm driving on the event? Or am I expected to also bring along the mighty Camry? What if I don't have anyone to bring to the presentation? Can I get a discount?

Sorry, but this all just came as a bit of a shock. It's supposed to be a motorkhana, not a rally...

<end whinge>

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might go have a look at the 7th November one but I'll definitely be there on Sunday! It's the interclub challenge round this Sunday too - should be good! And EXCELLENT value at $35.

$65 is a bit strange. Think I'd rather do a hillclimb or buy 2 rollaclub shirts or enter 2 motorkhanas or go to the movies 5 times or enter 2 khanacrosses instead!

I think they just priced most motorkhana competitors right out of the market without realising it!!

Re: not separating the classes into FWD/RWD except for D class - Fook, this is the national standard. Queensland does things differently. Actually, not all that long ago, Queensland didn't separate FWD/RWD except in D class either.

To some people, there isn't any difference between FWD or RWD. Except in D class where the fronts absolutely HOSE the rear wheel drives.

Rob - as you are the closest to me, ill phone you 7:00 ish tonight to talk. - if theres no room for me (no problemo), ill get in touch with you fook - thanks for the offer !! - PM me your phone number fook so i can call you after i call rob to let you know whats going to happen !

Thats 1 of the best things about this club, every 1 is willing to help out and give others a helping hand when in need

Awwwww :) !!!

Thanks again :) !