4agze

Phat535

I've heard there is 3 or 4 different 4AGZE motors

what's the difference between each?

and which is the pick of the bunch with an eye for future mods?

I've heard the AE101 version was the most powerfull, and I know I can get my hands on one easily enough...but what makes it more powerfull? Don't want to get it then find out it's more powerfull because of something that I'm going to have to remove anyways due to the RWD installation (ie. inlet manifold)

Dave

Members dont see this ad

Thay come in MAP, and AFM. Earlier ones had 145hp and the AFM, as the later ones have 165hp and MAP sensor.

So yes the most powerful one is the AE101 version and this is because of the MAP sensor.

Edited by ae71neo

do you know if there is any physical external difference between the AE92 and AE101 motors? I'm told the one he has is an AE101 but he didn't seem to have any real idea what he was talking about.

Also, is it true that 4AGZE's all have forged pistons from the factory? I've heard that a few times from a few different people

Dave

"For those of you who don't know, the standard pistons from both the early AFM-type and the late MAP-type GZE's are forged steel. The later pistons also come with a ceramic coated crown"

correct

stewart (oldcorollas) from toymods is a metallurgist (sp?) and has analysed the composition of the gze pistons and concluded they are forged...there are sticky threads somewhere on both twincam & toymods

Sorry to hijack, but what would a complete GZE with loom, ECU etc from an AW11 be worth???

not much...maybe 1500...ae101 1/2 cuts are going for between 2-2.5k (used to be around 1800)..i havent priced the aw11 in a while but its getting pretty "outdated" as far as import engines are concerned so theres gotta be some savings there

forged alloy that is...

and i can supply a full set of 4agze rings and pistons from $500ishnz.

aw11 s/c was late 80s mid 87 to 88

ae92 was late 87 to 91

ae101 91 to 95

(I'm not at work to check the exact dates, will do tomorrow if i remember)

the internals of the 4age/ze are IDENTICAL apart form the pistons.

there are 2 types of rods found in them which are the same as the same year 4age.

as for the ae101 having lightend internals.. the later conrod is also used in the later(map) ae92 gtzs. these are also used in the smallports (after the 1st 6 months of production) and the s/t 20vs the later rod is lighter than the earlier redtop/4agze rod.

hope that helps :jason:

Edited by Mr Revhead