Help Needed To Fit 4age In Te71

toysrus

Members dont see this ad
Ok....I just looked at the firewall now and it has TE71..........engraved there. So what do you think. Will i be able to use the mountings of that motor or what?

If it has the original te mounts and whatnot you will need to swap them for 4a stuff from an ae71. If they werent getting hard to find parts for a nice 3t build could be awesome, and rare in Australia, assuming thats where you are...

O.K. definitely a T series then, I think you may be able to use your existing gearbox with a different bell housing to connect to the 4age. I'd look for info on 4age into te72 or T18, as they run the same series engines in standard form as your car.

Toysrus, Welcome to the club !

First up, everyones here to try and help you out; don't mind the occasional thing said thats not quite true as were all still learning here.

Thats a nice Te71 you have there, ive only ever seen 1 in the country. (Australia). Being a Te71, I'm not too sure if you have a steering rack or steering box. Either way, to fit a 4age, you will have to change to an Ae71 cross member, or fabricate something to suit.

Some pictures of your steering shaft to the steering *assembly*, and the motor would be helpful.

For people playing at home, Yes its a Te71. Note the different bumpers, Seats, Indicators, radio poll position, and i think even the mirrors are different on the jap ones. don't quote me on that tho.

Also, Te / Ae / Ke - yes its for the different motor, but there are also many other differences between the models. Its easy to get confused, but its the small details that make the big difference :jamie:

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to fit 4age 20v in TE71 corolla. Could someone please give a breakdown of what i need to do and what mounting to use.

omg dude u got the same car as me I'm in aus but mine is a south african import te71

differences between ae71 te71:

rack and pinion ae71 - recerculating ball te71

two piece tailshaft ae71 - one piece tailshaft te71

the strut tower bolt patterns are different

interier is different

the diff is a borg warner but the yoke pattern is different

and a few other thngs i may have missed

conversion wise:

with ur conversion the engine crossmember will bolt up but the gearbox crossmember wont u will need to drill the holes in closer to make it fit also it can only be held in my two of the bolts instead off four

the exhaust manifold exit comes out right infront of the steering rod (dunno what its called i know its not a rack) so u have to either A smash your exhaust pipe with a hammer and bend it or B custom exhaust

also ull have to redrill the yoke pattern on ur diff if u wana use a t series tailshaft or u could just get a t series diff and you wont have to or if u have the money custom rack and pinion setup (talk to just half steppin hes on ae86 driving club hes done this on a te72)

also u can use the t18/te72 pedal box thats the one i used fits overrated

smaller things that need to be done are coil and ignitor relocated heater hose connections are to far away so i don't run a heater but u can u just need alot of heater hose

thats all i can think of

O.K. definitely a T series then, I think you may be able to use your existing gearbox with a different bell housing to connect to the 4age. I'd look for info on 4age into te72 or T18, as they run the same series engines in standard form as your car.

yes its a 2tc 1.6l no the gearboxes are different 20 spline t50 and 22 spline t50 althought they might bolt up not sure though u would need the corosponding diffs