Khanacross At Willowbank

Redwarf

Sunday sees a khanacross being run at Willowbank Autocross track. Am taking Bluey out as Dwarf is still annoying the piss out of me by continueing to fall apart. Should be a good day if its not too hot....

Edited by Redwarf

Members dont see this ad

Hal's going out too :dance: Hopefully I'll get there in one piece and still be able to play! And hmm, that means I'm playing in the same class as Rob again, wheee!!! Hmm, surface = dirt, Rob win automatically :)

Teddy: Tried to send PM but your messagebox is full. Haikal is coming with me, so no spare seats, sorry!

Was an awesome day. My exhaust broke again, and this time it looks like new muffler time. Oh well.

Got air about 3 times. Heh. Fun fun, I don't think I was meant to.

Held a power slide for a good 20 seconds around the back of one course. Most fun I've had in quite awhile :dance: I believe Rob also managed to have this fun :) What a fun course :fuzz:

So yes, had heaps of fun, need to spend a lot more quality car time, really still need to get to know the car, especially now with the new diff, it's a whole different car to drive, and I can afford to get it a lot more sideways without losing too much, if any, time. Have to catch that understeer though, it happens a fair bit and is always very unwelcome. Must learn to throw the car a lot more.

Rob is a legend. Took out 2 cones, drove half a course in reverse, and still managed to beat me. Grr... And that was in his "slow car" too... I've got a long way to go...

Edit: "when I grow up, I want to learn to drive like Rob"

Edited by demuire

Car time, Car time etc...... :fuzz:

Had a hoot, car wouldn't stay straight all day. Got serious after my indiscretion that cost me 20 seconds. Push very hard to catch Fook and just made it over the line. Now Fook hates me! :dance:

Fook is now learning the joys of a locked diff on dirt! Your right foot is your friend!! :)

Maybe I should have phrased that "drove half the course in reverse gear!!!" Has he been taking lessons from Terry Scharf (sp)? :) I recon you should have kept it backwards till you got to the garage, and then reverse flicked it in :dance:

And yes it's so very wrong how you can make one mistake, drop ALL the way from the pointy end to the very unpointy end of the field, and then in a matter of 3 tests, make most of that ground back again (and beat me!!!) It's not like I wasn't trying, and makes me think, if you were trying that hard all day, you'd probably have won!!! Your 60% if like my 110%!!!

And yes, I know, car time, car time... I'll get there one day, if my car decides to survive. It seems to have this knack for breaking things. Had a closer look at the muffler tonight, and it looks like *maybe* it might be salvageable. All the "stuffing" still seems to be in there, so maybe they can just weld a plate over it to seal it, and then re-weld the mount back on...

As I told you today, I have some 200 events head start.

I sucked when I started.

I might also add that I'm not that quick on bitumen, and that dirt is my first love! :dance:

.... Have a word with the exhaust place around the corner from you, or I can suggest a couple of good ones......