Another Ae71 Project

13RENDAN_88

Members dont see this ad
Lookin good :lolcry:

I plan to do a matt/satin black respray on my AE71 also. Out of interest how much did all the paint end up costing in the end?

thanks mate.

well acrylic isnt easy to do. it can have reactions and like i said how its a pain to sand it back to bare metal and primer it again and so on. if it all works out well i reakon just need like 2L satin black and 4L thinners also to clean the gun out at the end. oh and if you wanna primer it i only got a litre. but had to get more when the paint had a reaction. so yeh 2 litres i think would be 60? i got it for 40 because we had a trade discount. primer is cheaper again. 4L thinners is like 20 bucks. so about 80 bucks would do it all. but ended up costing me about $140 because i had to get more paint.

Cheers for the info. :jamie: Your car seems like its going end up very similar to mine, matt black, hotwires, 4AGE. I swear you've been reading my thoughts :rocknroll: Your hotwires are 14x6 on the front and 14x7 on the back right? Any chance of a photo with how the rears sit in the guards with tyre specs also? I've got a full set of 6's and thinking 7's would be nice for the back. Keep up the good work, will be following this one.