• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to have a very basic fuel setup. Consisted of a Carter BLACK pump (100gph and 14-16psi) - which had about 12psi in the engine bay, and NO REG AT ALL! This gave me a potential of aboput 10psi of boost (keeping a 2psi fuel presure buffer). HOWEVER - It was only possible because the needle and seat in the weber I was using could hold the 12pis at idle.

If you tried to do it with a stock carb the pressure would bust open the needle and seat and turn you carby into a fuel fountain.

If you use a proper carby turbo rising rate reg then it actually works on the send line, not the return like an EFI setup.

What exactly did you have done to your carb, and how much did it cost roughly to have it setup like that?

Would you reccomend a fuel setup like this or is it better to just get a carby fpr

Using the proper carby turbo RR reg is a much better idea. It doesn't put back presure on the pump(s) like the carter setup did. Sometimes if you were sitting at a set of lights (or very irritatingly in the staging lanes at the dragway) for a while the pump would start to cavitate and you'd loose all fuel pressure.

You also have no real boost restriction with the RR reg setup..... well nothing under say 30psi'ish anyway.

Only thing I did to that carb was fit a bigger needle and seat out of a falcoon weber. All of the N&S's out of the down draft webers are interchangable. Oh and some dyno tuning for jet sizes also. :)

Edited by Taz_Rx