Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Swaybars

Featured Replies

As tittle states, and also the car I have doesn't have a swaybar and have no idea if I bought it with one.

The mounts are there but have rubber of some sort(haven't had that good of a look) has anyone had a similar encounter....?

Slimbo as i have said before, The series 1 AE82 single cams are swaybar less at the fronts, I don't know if the series 2 are the same as i never looked at mine.

  • Author
Slimbo as i have said before, The series 1 AE82 single cams are swaybar less at the fronts, I don't know if the series 2 are the same as i never looked at mine.

 

I know that much but need more information if anyone has some, my car is a CS model converted to Twinky also

Nar, only the twinkies had a swaybar at the front. You can get a kit from Whiteline (part number BTF70) or just go shopping at the wreckers for a standard one.

The Whiteline one is a 22mm thick bar. The standard one is around 18-20mm.

  • Author
Nar, only the twinkies had a swaybar at the front. You can get a kit from Whiteline (part number BTF70) or just go shopping at the wreckers for a standard one.

The Whiteline one is a 22mm thick bar. The standard one is around 18-20mm.

 

 

Are the threads there or will I need to tap something?

Nar, only the twinkies had a swaybar at the front. You can get a kit from Whiteline (part number BTF70) or just go shopping at the wreckers for a standard one.

The Whiteline one is a 22mm thick bar. The standard one is around 18-20mm.

 

I'm actually confused with the swaybars on them as i measured both my stock ones with digital verniers and they were 22mm.

 

We had a quick look at slim's car one day and we couldnt see any bolt holes.

  • Author
I'm actually confused with the swaybars on them as i measured both my stock ones with digital verniers and they were 22mm.

 

We had a quick look at slim's car one day and we couldnt see any bolt holes.

 

They were there, just something like rubber in them..

They were there, just something like rubber in them..

 

Pity i didnt end up keeping that 22mm for you, We will have to get under and have another look.

I'm actually confused with the swaybars on them as i measured both my stock ones with digital verniers and they were 22mm.

 

We had a quick look at slim's car one day and we couldnt see any bolt holes.

Have a look under Des's '82 if you get a chance cause i'm pretty sure it's either 18mm or 20mm.

Have a look under Des's '82 if you get a chance cause i'm pretty sure it's either 18mm or 20mm.

Why look under Des's when i have my own twinly in the back yard, That one and the series 2 i stripped are 22mm.

I decided to get a pic of the swaybar while being measured, I no longer have verniers so i just used a 22mm spanner, In the pic is how it fits over the whole thing but slides on tightly on the bends:

 

post-1373-1201153009_thumb.jpg

I have an AE82 Corolla sedan singlecam from factory(Now 20V goodness :thumbsup:)

 

I have fitted both front and rear whiteline swaybars no problems at all :D

Why look under Des's when i have my own twinly in the back yard, That one and the series 2 i stripped are 22mm.

Cause when it was mine i measured the bar after i was told that the whiteline bar was thicker then standard.

 

Second thoughts it could have been 22mm. But i'm not digging up the measurements i wrote down of it.

  • Author
I have an AE82 Corolla sedan singlecam from factory(Now 20V goodness :thumbsup:)

 

I have fitted both front and rear whiteline swaybars no problems at all :D

 

 

But did you have a swaybar to start with?, that is the real question. I know I can fit them no worries, but was there thread in the holes under the car?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.