January 25, 200818 yr comment_223197 Hey guys, My names Jarrad, I'm new here and this is my first Corolla. I picked it up for $100 bucks, and its got a great condition, re-conned 4k in it. So I thought, what the heck. I have limited experience with shell repairs, so this will be an excellent learning curve for me. I can weld, but will leave that to my dad cause he's pro. So over the next few months, I hope you'll enjoy seeing my progress. http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...20KE55%20Sedan/ - Thats my photobucket album with the pictures from when I bought the car. As I progress, I'll upload a few here for quick access, and leave the majoroty of them in the Photobucket album. Cheers Thanks for that Murderess :) Edited February 3, 200818 yr by sixsixone Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223199 which ever is easier. but if u embed them via an upload site try to keep them smallish as it takes up alot of space on the servers. easily you can just put the link to full size images if you want. either way it doesnt really matter.. with attaching via rolla club there is only a 200mb limit which you can get prolly 5 6 photos in so if your not goin nuts rolla club upload is generally good. depending on image size obviously. Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223215 another victim to gettin a car with a fkd grill. =] =] mine had a corner snapped off. so i now have a new one on there. and a spare (as i found the second one at the wreckers and realised there was chrome under the paint and worked for a day or so sandin and paintin her up good so i kept the all black one as a spare =] Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223219 another victim to gettin a car with a fkd grill. =] =] Hah, yea. I bought it from a mate who had a few acres in his backyard. But he was 'drifting' and hit a tree. *Sigh* Dad said he will glue it up for me. Hehe. Tryin not to spend too much on this. Cause I wanna get a overrated shell a bit later, but we'll see. Just pulled the seats out :) Edited January 25, 200818 yr by sixsixone Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223247 Dad came home with some cutting stuff, so I cut and polished a door to see what it would come up like. Looks pretty nice if you ask me. I would upload a pic, but it doesn't do it justice, so meh. Started working on the rust just now, man its a crap job haha. Oh well, start bogging tomorrow hopefully. Dunno what I'm gonna do with the interior, for now. Might just leave the carpet as it is, put a bit of checkerboard down on the drivers side or something. Oh, just a quick Q: Can you take off the long limpy accelerator pedal and put a normal one on, or are they like that for a reason? Just thought i'd ask before I rip it up :) Cheers guys. Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223279 If you spend money on this . . you can just transplant it to the new shell :) Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223305 If you spend money on this . . you can just transplant it to the new shell :) Hehe, yea thats the plan. Even if I don't spend money on it, cause it seems to be pretty good. The shell might be KE30 anyway so I'd rather have a 4k in it. Cleaned up the engine bay.. A tiny bit :dance: http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...25012008266.jpg Installed Gearknob that my brother turned up for me out of stainless aluminum. http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...25012008263.jpg And cleaned up the interior a bit. http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...25012008264.jpg Bogging starts tomorrow, hopefully. Cheers Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223324 oh hell yeah i want a knob like that!! beg ur bro :) can he do diff coloured ones? Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223327 oh hell yeah i want a knob like that!! beg ur bro :) can he do diff coloured ones? Haha, it's aliminum so yea, you could anodize them I spose.. :bash: Don't tell me you want a pink one :dance: Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223399 Haha, it's aliminum so yea, you could anodize them I spose.. :dance: Don't tell me you want a pink one :) blue actually. i have a blue silver theme happening but even a silver one would be awesome. but seein as my pins are blue id love a blue one to match!! Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223402 This will definatly be a learning curve for you, although you'd turn out to be a qualified panel beater after attacking this girl, good luck fella! cheers phatke30! Report
January 26, 200818 yr Author comment_223421 what did it buff up like mate? Pretty nice, I'll post a pic. Just remember that camera's aren't always true to colour and wtv. http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...25012008257.jpg The circle on the left is where I cut + polished. Don;t worry about the right hand one though. It actually looks better + shiny-er? in person but you get the idea. This will definatly be a learning curve for you, although you'd turn out to be a qualified panel beater after attacking this girl, good luck fella! cheers phatke30! Haha, yea. Well... It's a decent start I spose. Will post some progress piccies later. Thanks everyone! :) Report
January 26, 200818 yr comment_223475 I would use the repo extra cut as it has got no silicons or additive's and can be painted over easy. for badly oxidized areas sand lightly with ultra fine wet and dry sand paper first. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now