18rg Twin Carb In Ke70

toyota_ae71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can and has been done... everything is custom (mounts, tailshaft etc) but if you're handy with the welder, shouldn't be too difficult.

Thats also a pretty good price for an 18RG if its in good nick.

This guy has one...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=14160

Just watch he doesn't try to sell you anything :jamie:

hey corey, this is for the red machine is it not?

for $800 you can almost do a 4age conversion if your handy with wiring, and would be piss easy to mount up coz of all the AE71 gear.. a 4age will shit all over an 18rg from a great height. they are bit of a pooh engine unfortunately

yeah its for the red machine lol yeah i no of two 4ages but its the fact of finding the t50 and also everyone is doin 4age conversions so i thought i'd be a bit different :jamie: And a mate up the road just happened to have this 18rg sitting there apperntly $3000 worth but he just wants the room back in his shed so i thought $800 is pretty good and i might be able to get him lower :hmm: :y: and the wiring just isnt my thing but thats because I'm only 14 but ive got plently of people around me to do that for free hehe!

thanks for all the info keep em cuming!

Cheers Corey

wouldnt happen to be harry larter's engine by any chance would it.. a bloke at the BCC offered me an 18rg years ago saying exactly the same thing.. i think it was harry. maybe john hardiman?

anyways, they arent worth anywhere NEAR 3k.. hell you can pick up a 4age blacktop front cut for much less than that!!

with the 18rg, you'd need to search for a box anyways, although i admit they are easy to find in old rona's and celicas and hilux's etc..

however, they are fairly unreliuable in the timing chain area.. they take a fiar bit of fiddling to make power, and will weigh down the front end something shocking. you will have to do all that work making mounts etc for 30hpish over the old K banger!!

as opposed to the 4age's.. they keep the front end pretty light, REV forever, piece of pie to install, come in heaps of different combo's to cater for whatever class/restrictions you wanna do, aftermarket parts are everywhere for them, and they are reliable as a diesel..

with the gearbox, i guess its just a case of searchin the wreckers, or buy an old shitter complete and strip it.. try carpart recyclers.. they let ya go out the back and have a look around.. might find one out there as the cars are still fairly complete. ill keep an eye out for ya.

don't be afraid to use a T40, it looks as though your only racing it at the moment, so 5th is only wasted weight. when was the last time ya used 4th and 5th at bagshot??

oh btw.. don't be afraid to come and say hi at bagshot.. dunno when I'm out next but should be soon.

AE70 - what mods did your mates 18rg have to make 110rwhp.. dyno sheets?

Edited by MRMOPARMAN

AE70 - what mods did your mates 18rg have to make 110rwhp.. dyno sheets?

High compression pistons, Reground cams, Porting, Balanced bottom end and some meat taken from the head. Sorry no dyno sheets but it pushes along his ra40 well. I wouldn't say they are a poo motor but they arnt great either.

Id rate the 1.6 out of 70's model lancers/galants to be poo though, God i hate those motors.

ok thanks for all the info just went and had a look and apparently its the 4valve jap/american head which was in rally/race cars (wikipedia) and yeah everything is there for the conversion apart from a couple of parts and peices! so thanks mrmoparman but i really want to do something a bit different :jamie: i would love a 4age but yeah gearbox and complete engine for $800 sounds good mate!!

cheersd

+1

there is the possibility the person selling it doesnt know what it is.. but highly doubtful. can't remember what the engine designation is for the 16v version.

still don't think it would make a good race engine in a ke70 as a 4ag/3sg, but thats just my oppinion. definately post some pics!! I'm rather curious now