Ke55 Questions..

WinKE55

Alright. My KE55 has got me a little stumbled. On the weekend I was having more of a look at her, and ripping the bonnet and boot and some other things off.

I've noticed a few things, and was just curious about them.

One:

Why are there weird ripples or something in my strut towers? I've noticed a few have them on here so I guess must be a weird factory thing?

Two:

There is also some weird number plate thing on the top of the right strut tower? What is that? I thought the chassis number is on/above the firewall?

Three:

With my fuel tank, there is rust on the above part of where you put the fuel in, as in inside the tube. Can you disassemble the fuel tank and either clean or buy a new fuel pipe so I don't have to worry about rust/dirt or any substance getting into my fuel tank?

Sorry if I am asking repeated questions :hmm:

Edited by WinKE55

Members dont see this ad

hey dude,

ONE- yes, they have slight crease marks from factory

TWO- that is the vehicle identification number (VIN), it also has the same number stamped onto the alloy manufacture plate on the firewall (there are two, I'm refering to the one on the drivers side). the number stamped on the firewall is your chassis number.

THREE- just pull the tank out and give it a clean, or maybe replace if your worried,

hope this helps,

cheers phatke30!

Number 1 is there for strength.

How do they help strengthen it? I thin they look ugly and was going to get them bashed in to look all pretty.

Also I found out another question I was going to ask!

Has anyone modified there KE55 to fit a steering rack instead of the steering box?

Demuire did a rack and pinion setup a while back, his comment was for the amount and time and effort for such little gain he'd never do it again. I think his current track car still runs the old steering box setup too.

How do they help strengthen it? I thin they look ugly and was going to get them bashed in to look all pretty.

Also I found out another question I was going to ask!

Has anyone modified there KE55 to fit a steering rack instead of the steering box?

• 6 years later...

does anyone know how Demuirewent about changing the rack set up??? (or some how to get in contact with him???)

I'm currently puttin a v6 into a ke55 and there is no room to fit the exhaust past the steering box/set up.

would there be another k frame (that would surports a rack) that fits under the ke55?? ie ke70 etc