Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sr20det Into A Corolla Ke55?

Featured Replies

  • Author
78 Rolla... what's the progress on this SR20 project.... you get the motor in the rolla yet?

Nothing done yet! sob

 

I've been waiting for my bro in law and his brother to finish another car...They say they will be getting stuck into it soon!

 

Will keep you posted!

 

Thanks!

  • Replies 73
  • Views 81.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be hanging, you poor thing!

 

I know I'm hanging to see this thing in action! hahaha.

I'm just curious to know how they go abouts getting this motor in. It'll give me an idea as to what work is involved with the conversion.

 

And I believe somebody is also turning 24 this Saturday :).... you got anything big planned for the weekend?

Edited by Tiger

I was actually going to suggst an RB20DET motor. I've always been a big fan of the RB series engines.

If a guy stuffed a 1GTTE 2.0l six in a KE30... then I don't see why the RB20DET wouldn't work.

an RB20 is alot biiger than a 1ggte

the are longer and wider and would be a nightmare to get into a little ke30 engine bay

i had pics of a ke20 in adelaide which someone had stuffed a commodore rb30 into. there's also pics floating around toymods of a ke10 with a 265 hemi in it, and a massive home made bonnet bulge

 

the firewall is non existant on both cars

Well he has a T3/T4 turbo on it, Turbosmart 45mm external wastegate, 3" exhaust, cooler, BOV, VL turbo fuel pumps, XF throttle body, 1000cc injectors, custom fuel rail, eletric water pump and a few more goodies, but he hasn't done the internals at all apparently.

Best part of it all... street legal!!!!

if you read that article, it says he fried the engine shortly after the photo shoot. to be expected. and rebuilt :P

 

sr20det is no longer legal into ke20 either, in nsw anyway, wld20t has been around for a long time :) much like all the 13bt rollas like grimas

 

let's have a moment for grimas to show him much love and respect

 

20030920jamboreeGRIMAS1-vi.jpg

20030920jamboreeGRIMAS2-vi.jpg

  • Author
You must be hanging, you poor thing!

 

I know I'm hanging to see this thing in action! hahaha.

I'm just curious to know how they go abouts getting this motor in. It'll give me an idea as to what work is involved with the conversion.

 

And I believe somebody is also turning 24 this Saturday :D.... you got anything big planned for the weekend?

Hey Tiger...Yeah I can't wait for it to get started, neither can the boys!!!

 

Yes I turned 24 last Saturday....getting older and older! Not good!!!! :)

HAHAHA! I turned 24 in May.. it ain't a bad thing.. I still feel 20 years old! But I must say.. it DID creep up from out of nowhere! That wasn't the good part.. next thing you know.. you blink your eyes and you're 30!!

I better not say that.. I won't go to sleep :) hahahaha

 

Anyways... getting back on topic

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

sob Unfortunately the rolla, the engine and everything else is FOR SALE!!!!! :D

 

See the "For Sale" section...Will be posting stuff there as soon as I have current pics. :sad:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
WTF??? So soon!

 

:y:

 

So how much are you asking for it?

Hiya Tiger...Prolly $2500 for the engine and a bottle of something for the rolla!

 

You wanna buy it? :P

OPA!!!

So tempting!

Only prob is I'm in VIC. And I'm a little short on funds... Otherwise... yeah I would! :P

 

Well, all the best with the sale :y:

  • Author
OPA!!!

So tempting!

Only prob is I'm in VIC. And I'm a little short on funds... Otherwise... yeah I would! :D

 

Well, all the best with the sale :D

Thanks Heaps! :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.