Sr20det Into A Corolla Ke55?

78_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

No...not running air con, that pic is of the engine still in the front cut i got.

Builders: My brother in law and his brother (cos i really have no clue!) :D :D

$$$: Me

Yeah we'll be taking it to the track and yes everything will be upgraded...bigger brakes etc...paint job, the lot!

Thanks

Well we didn't really think about how things would work out, like the engine actually fitting in the bay etc! I just knew that I wanted to do up a KE55 so we just went straight out and bought one ($500 from a couple of oldies that had it from brand new). Then went and bought a front cut ($3500 from asian auto spares).

Apparently the engine has go-fast-bits on it already...I think my bro in law said that the turbo is a better one (can you tell that I have no idea what I'm talking about, does the SR20DET come out with a T25, could mine be a T28 then? hmmmm, I think thats what he said)

Our main priority at the moment is modifying the crossmember! I will keep everyone updated...pics and all (now that I know how to do it)

:D

• 5 weeks later...
T28 is more than enough and will still be driveable and fairly predictable when it comes onto boost.

170 + RW KW shouldn't be too far away :D

MAN that is insane amounts of power! That's like 4 or 5 x the factory RW KW !

I can see 12 second passes coming easy ...

I think i'm being sensible only puttin a ca18det into a ke30 2 door, you hear about mofos puttin in 2js and crazy 6-cylinder twin turbos and stuff into these rollas. That's a deathwish!

'My lifestyle... determines my deathstyle'

\m/

($500 from a couple of oldies that had it from brand new).  Then went and bought a front cut ($3500 from asian auto spares).

BAhahah !!

thats awesome !

How would the old people feel if they new there 22 second corolla would soon be a 12 second corolla :dance:

Ahh just love how you said - got the car, Then went and bought a front cut - heheheh

Great stuff :D

Edited by Teddy

is that at the wheels? that's at 1.3 bar too

bigger injectors give you more room to move, but if you're just building one setup and leaving it there, then you'd get no gain from going to injectors that are bigger than what you need at 80% duty cycle. too big injectors can actually hurt performance down low, as they flow too much and you can't get the resolution you need for a smooth idle