Sitting, Wishing, Waiting

joeschmo_57

if this thread gets shut down, i swear to the maker of all things holy, i will have the mother of all sooks.

but what you guys think ^^^^^^^^^???

yo gregor, would your hot gear (cool carbies) mount up to that engine?

Edited by joeschmo_57

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this thread gets shut down, i swear to the maker of all things holy, i will have the mother of all sooks.

but what you guys think ^^^^^^^^^???

yo gregor, would your hot gear (cool carbies) mount up to that engine?

The carbies would have to be re jetted (I don't know where you would buy the jets from), but would bolt straight up and the extractors would fit no problems. The cam grind is for an engine with hydraulic lifters, so it's a no go. You can have the carbies + extractors for $650 and I'll throw in the cam and 5k motor and other bits. Good deal huh? No I'm not separating them, sorry Joe. Even if I did separate them, your would still have to get a cam and put it in plus the extractors and carbs are not cheap by themselves. So you would end up spending as much, also how many klms on the 4k? Hot it up and give it a bit and if it's an older motor it will die quick, then your back to square one.

Edited by Sbox

As the 4K is an ex-speedway motor, I'd only be using the Aisan carbs and the 5K bottom end. So you basically need all of Gregor's motor anyway, plus the good bits from the speedway motor. It could actually make some pretty damn good horsepower. Maybe enough to take on a stock 4A-GE, which isn't bad for a K-series. :abuse:

well it has extractors and a huge cam so you wouldnt need them, but still using a standard carb at the mo which is the restriction. but it really is the most responsive k series motor i have ever been in, and beats my mates 4k which has 20tho oversize piston (means jackall really) custom cam regrind but not as large as mine can tell by the note, slight port and polished head, extractors and again standard carbs. i always wanted to get this car down the HV to have a go just because of the suspension setup the car has. just wish it had some more power behind it so i could really have a go

gregor gregor gregor

you got me all wrong. i don't want to part your packge. i want the whole thing for a nice build up.

f@$k me that sounds bad.

i will build up that 5k slow with all the good bits. as long as they arent from repco!!!! 1578 for a new shorth block. a bit less for a second had low km whloe block. ridiculous shit. does any one know where i could get a fairly good condish short block, and where the best place in darwin i can order in some high comp pistons for it. this will be for in a few months tho. now I'm just waiting on the car :-).

As the 4K is an ex-speedway motor, I'd only be using the Aisan carbs and the 5K bottom end. So you basically need all of Gregor's motor anyway, plus the good bits from the speedway motor. It could actually make some pretty damn good horsepower. Maybe enough to take on a stock 4A-GE, which isn't bad for a K-series. :abuse:

Lol, thats like saying it's ex WW2 and was only shot down once.

haha thats true Sbox altho the motor only did half a season before the club here in katherine went bust. yes was a speedway motor but a damn strong one and has never missed a beat a good base to work off i reckon see how much hp the old 4k could make

because the 4k can't handle gregors down draughts, it will be saying hello to a brand spanka 32/36 progressive webber. sorry rolla'boy, but somethings are upgrades are neccesary even if it aint broke. webbers are neccesity in my eyes. got a freaking good deal with it too.

note to rolla club guys, go shopping with andy. andy = GOOD DEALS. he should whore himself out. 1,000 fat chicks at $50 a piece ........ :dance: :hmm:

I'm going to sound like a cpomplete n00b, but whats a dizzy? is that distributor? or have i missed it completely??

cheers

joe

$$$ about that.. sounds a good donk though, as long as it hasn't been boned completely

f@$k-off-ski.

because the 4k can't handle gregors down draughts, it will be saying hello to a brand spanka 32/36 progressive webber. sorry rolla'boy, but somethings are upgrades are neccesary even if it aint broke. webbers are neccesity in my eyes. got a freaking good deal with it too.

note to rolla club guys, go shopping with andy. andy = GOOD DEALS. he should whore himself out. 1,000 fat chicks at $50 a piece ........ :D :hmm:

I'm going to sound like a cpomplete n00b, but whats a dizzy? is that distributor? or have i missed it completely??

cheers

joe

Weber = the shiz!

Dizzy = distributor

1,000 fat chicks @ $50 a piece = fat chicks need love too