Sitting, Wishing, Waiting

joeschmo_57

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually andrew...... i do. your list is ummm shit loads bigger than mine.

take a photo of it man, post that shit.

theres a few more things on my list :

5) wheels = $725 (i know the ones http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...amp;part_no=948 )

6) stereo (i know i know, but I'm a muso so what do you expect) = $300 ish

7) paint = $4,000 (but ooonly when I'm joe fully loaded)

hows the prices so far? prices right??

'Scuse me folks - I haven't felt like posting for the last week or so. Been throwing a hissy fit. :lol: Here's my replies I've been holding back on posting:

post-2512-1206753238.jpg

post-2512-1206753251.jpg

heres a few pics of my ke70. it has stockies on it atm and as it has 2 near bald tyres on the back ill throw in the 4 13inch tyres i have with heaps of tread.

Buy it - looks very neat, provided it's the right price.

^^^^^^^ waht do you guys recon. being a newbie to rolla's, i don't know what I'm looking for.

your all the experts. I'm calling dibs on it.

personally I'm giving it the :y: :y: :y: . going to the bank to organise some funds.

a 'rolla cruise to katherine anyone? :wink: :yes:

ancullen, gregor told me that you have a trailer.....

Yes, I have access to a car trailer, and a ute to tow it. You pay for fuel and a couple of cartons of Carlton Light for the owner and we can (probably) borrow it. :abuse: I've just got to get one of the sides of the tray repaired from some 13T damage first. :(

ke70 breaks are fine as they are

u only really need to upgrade if you going to be racing

if ur just building a street car ur waisting ur cash

I always prefer the option of upgraded brakes if modifying motors. KE70 brakes will do okay, but could use improvement. In fact, I've got some good brake pads to suit them if you want - Bendix Ultimates from a VN Commodore. They would be an excellent starting point (with those pads), and you could decide if you want to upgrade from there. You could use Corona/Celica brakes for a bit of a bolt-on upgrade. There's also the option of Hilux/LandCruiser four-piston calipers, which bolt on to Corona struts if you're doing the Corona coil-over upgrade. Use a Peugeot disc (I know where some are located) and you'd be all set! You'll never make enough power with a 5K to over-power them. :D

Better safe then sorry.

Wow!!! Something sensible from Stephen!!! Seriously though, Stephen is correct - I'd rather have bigger brakes than necessary and have good stopping power, rather than find out too late that I don't have good enough brakes for my car.

yeah point taken

buuuuuuuut you could have answered the question andy...... seeing your an overflowing fountain of knowledge. :P :P

from what a igathered, the rear struts are simialr to a holden vb wagon, and the front are the same as an aw111 mr2. am i right? and they will just go in fine with lowered springs. ok, which struts/springs are the ebst for the money. ive seen quotes from gslrally and they look good. but, which brands are better to go with?

cheers

joe

There's no such thing as a KE70/AE71 rear strut. This model has a spring carrier on the diff, and the shock absorber mounts inboard of the spring carrier, so the shock doesn't actually go through the spring at all. However, it is true that Commodore wagon shocks have been used on KE70's, though usually you hear that VN shocks are used. Suzuki Sierra shocks are another popular option, as they're apparently stiffer, and rumour has it that they've got a shorter stroke, which is odd considering they're from a 4WD.

no worries andy

list goes like this.

1) get car from katherine = 1200

2) get hot 5k gear = 650

3) get good 5k short block = 650ish

4) suspension and sways = 650ish??????

hows that look?

so a bit of spending and working comin up. but should be ready to get susp. and stuff when you are (since I'm earning better money :owned: :D :D

joe

Yep, that sounds about right.

or you could by my ke which is already setup but only has a worked 4k. ex peter mciver race engine FTW :D

Mmm, this car would be groovy with the extra capacity of the 5K bottom end. Didn't know it was for sale though?

actually andrew...... i do. your list is ummm shit loads bigger than mine.

take a photo of it man, post that shit.

theres a few more things on my list :

5) wheels = $725 (i know the ones http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...amp;part_no=948 )

6) stereo (i know i know, but I'm a muso so what do you expect) = $300 ish

7) paint = $4,000 (but ooonly when I'm joe fully loaded)

hows the prices so far? prices right??

Those wheels don't look too bad - don't go bigger than 16" (MAXIMUM) unless you're a poof. 15's look plenty on a lowered RWD Corolla.

'Scuse me folks - I haven't felt like posting for the last week or so. Been throwing a hissy fit. :abuse: Here's my replies I've been holding back on posting

Yep, that sounds about right.:

That's a rebuilt short motor Adam and if you can get a 5k reconditioned long motor with lumpy cam, twin carbs and extractors for less than $1500 I'm all ears. Just the block/head are usually around $1500.

Edited by ancullen

Ah, that's really off-topic. Please don't start going off topic again - I don't want a heap of threads being closed. :abuse: As it is none of our posts count towards a post count anymore (not that that matters) - I would like the NT section to remain in place, preferably without interference from random persons from interstate.