Sitting, Wishing, Waiting

joeschmo_57

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

andy, what you mean YOU scored me a good price. we both did it together. i always wanted it, i just pretended i didnt really have the money for it so he knocked the price down :D .

I'm looking foward to installing it. andy, do you remember if that price included the air cleaner???

cos if it didnt, I'm going to get a big owwwwwwld skoooooowl muscle one. ahahahah 4cylinder muscleeeeeeeeee

• 2 weeks later...

whats the difference between an electronic dizzy and a mechanical one? apart from the obvious things?

now andy is going to flame my ass, not the moderators. hold back! or else i will have to break your windows. rob will help. :hmm:

Accuracy and consistency of timing as they have no points (electronic), the opposite over time,due to the points slowly closing up due to wear (mechanical). Higher voltages are used due to this accuracy in electronic dizzies, without the worries of detonation and pinging as long as the timing is set right (bigger spark equals cleaner and more powerful combustion). Electronic distributors can be used to fire one or more coil packs, although for multiple coil packs a sensor is generally used which fires the coil packs or sends a signal to the computer. Which works out when to fire the coil pack in relation to the crank angle sensor and all the other sensors on the engine, this is where you start talking about tuning graphs. Might help if you google it, now you have a general idea.

Edited by Sbox