Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brake Boosters

Featured Replies

how come ur not running a booster? or don't u need one on ur setup?

i am running a remote booster (i put a pic of it on the previous page, post#5)

I'm using a VH44 remote brake booster in my KE25, with a 1" Master cylinder. I have it (like Jono) in the place where the battery normally is.

I'll try get the link to my thread, where there are a few pics of it, showing the setup.

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11909

 

This setup gives plenty of pedal feel, but not too stiff, my (small) wife can drive it easy.

Using 4pot hilux calipers, and RA23 drums on the back. Booster only linked to the front.

Edited by robj

This is a similar setup that i have re-searched. The only thing that i have found hard to get is the part numbers for the conversions that people have done. If anyone could list the part numbers or the year models that obtained the parts from that would be great.

The reason being is i am just about to pull my Ke26 off the road for an SR20DET conversion.

 

I have also seen a boosted setup on a mates SR20 Ke20 (Formally known as HELP). It ran an remote booster of an landcriuser and a master of a pajero. The brakes are alright but are abit sketchy under hard braking with a hard pedal, but that could also be due to alot of other factors.

This is a similar setup that i have re-searched. The only thing that i have found hard to get is the part numbers for the conversions that people have done. If anyone could list the part numbers or the year models that obtained the parts from that would be great.

The reason being is i am just about to pull my Ke26 off the road for an SR20DET conversion.

 

I have also seen a boosted setup on a mates SR20 Ke20 (Formally known as HELP). It ran an remote booster of an landcriuser and a master of a pajero. The brakes are alright but are abit sketchy under hard braking with a hard pedal, but that could also be due to alot of other factors.

 

KE26 Wagon,I can't help you with part numbers, but can tell you what I did.

 

I went to a 4x4 wrecking yard and got a master cylinder from a hilux/landcruiser. (Most are I think 15/16)" mine just happend to be Identical in shape to the common master cylinders for these 4wd, but a 1". We did make an addaptor plate for the master cylinder to fit, about a 25mm spacer, with holes for the locating bolts. (They sit horizontal, not verical).

 

Went to ABS and said "Can I have a VH44 master cylinder?" They said "Yep."

One thing to remember is the VH44 is imperial thread, not metric. It cost me around $300. Then a bit more for the brake lines and fittings.

 

 

Hope that makes sence...

KE26 Wagon,I can't help you with part numbers, but can tell you what I did.

 

I went to a 4x4 wrecking yard and got a master cylinder from a hilux/landcruiser. (Most are I think 15/16)" mine just happend to be Identical in shape to the common master cylinders for these 4wd, but a 1". We did make an addaptor plate for the master cylinder to fit, about a 25mm spacer, with holes for the locating bolts. (They sit horizontal, not verical).

 

Went to ABS and said "Can I have a VH44 master cylinder?" They said "Yep."

One thing to remember is the VH44 is imperial thread, not metric. It cost me around $300. Then a bit more for the brake lines and fittings.

 

 

Hope that makes sence...

Thats great thanks very much. I hadnt even thought about the thread issue.

 

How is the pedal feel in your car? And the brakes, so compared to a newer car? The only reason that i ask is that my wagon is going more for the drag scene with number plates on it. As stated before i have looked at and driven the KE20 with the SR in it that had RA23 slotted brakes on the front and vs commo discs on the bake with a remote landruser booster and a pagero master and the pedal feel was quite hard. But then again i shouldnt complain it is an old car after all.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.