Panelbeating Help

Pieman

Members dont see this ad

Yeah I have a slide hammer with dent puller screws and could weld the holes :hmm: I was really impressed with this guy's effort with his celica, he beat the line down the middle like a pro:

simon5.jpg

Anyway this is shitting me cos it's the last thing on the to do list with the bodywork before a coat of primer and wet sand :D

Ok, with the assistance of masking tape, duct tape, bog and primer filler I got things sorted :hmm: Pretty happy with the results, it really sharpens up the character lines of the car. It's going to be painted black so things have to be perfect.

1. Roughed up the metal gently with the grinder so the bog has some tooth to stick to, then taped masked one side.

post-2190-1206866531_thumb.jpg

2. A thin skim of bog added in downward strokes then flattened long ways.

3. Feather in with a block and palm sander, trying to be careful not to rub back the centre 'ridge', duct tape will protect the centreline from being sanded back.

post-2190-1206866794_thumb.jpg

4. Repeat on the bottom side and use primer filler to fill up any scratch marks and pinholes.

post-2190-1206867133_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look to exciting (the primer dosen't reflect light well) But the quarter panel is dead straight now and should look awesome when it's painted black. :y:

Edited by Pieman