(aussie) Ke 20 Tailshaft.

Vyl

Hey guys,

Anyone got a aussie KE20 tailshaft they don't want anymore?? I've just pulled the diff out of the jap model we have and have a aussie diff to go in but they changed the damn setup inbetween didn't they. I'm having all sorts of problems trying to find one.

Please tell me someone has one. :nervous:

Members dont see this ad
ive got a jap diff tail shaft what do the aussie ones look like n what are they???

They look like the jap ones but have different offsets on the flange bolt holes. The aussie KE20 had the borg warner diff. :nervous:

Looks like I'm getting the tailshaft off a KE30 modified to suit the offset.(can't complain too much for a $100 fee I supose)

Hey guys,

Anyone got a aussie KE20 tailshaft they don't want anymore?? I've just pulled the diff out of the jap model we have and have a aussie diff to go in but they changed the damn setup inbetween didn't they. I'm having all sorts of problems trying to find one.

Please tell me someone has one. :nervous:

LOCATION????? |blink|

no coln, the uni joints are different between the ke20 jap and BW diffs

i just went thru the headache of the differences b/w the jap and BW tailshafts and unis.

Ahhhh, someone that knows my pain..

What did you end up doing out of curiosity??

i have several BW tailshafts from ke3x-5x cars i've stripped, but the diff in my 20 is a jap one. so when i busted a uni joint on the jap tailshaft, i got new ones ordered. the first set were for the BW tailshaft/diff, so i had to order a second set a week later once i found they were the wrong ones.

i tried cross-breeding the uni joints, using the jap diff flange and a BW tailshaft, but to no avail, the uni's are just too different to mix-and-match.

all the tailshafts from ke2x -> ke55 are the same length, so you can use a BW tailshaft from a ke3x-5x in your ke20

i have several BW tailshafts from ke3x-5x cars i've stripped, but the diff in my 20 is a jap one. so when i busted a uni joint on the jap tailshaft, i got new ones ordered. the first set were for the BW tailshaft/diff, so i had to order a second set a week later once i found they were the wrong ones.

i tried cross-breeding the uni joints, using the jap diff flange and a BW tailshaft, but to no avail, the uni's are just too different to mix-and-match.

all the tailshafts from ke2x -> ke55 are the same length, so you can use a BW tailshaft from a ke3x-5x in your ke20

Yeah, I was looking at the uni thinking what a nightmare it would be to try to cross-breed uni's. All the wreckers I rang in canberra said they didn't have one. Whether that didn't or didn't want to look for 1 was the real question I think. lol The engineer sent me down to the wrecker close to him and was one of the ones that said they didn't have a tailshaft for a KE 20, well they did but it was the Jap one aswell... The engineer had little trouble redoing the diff flange and took him only about a hour to complete. Now If I want to drop a 30-55 jap in it, it will have the same flange for easy boltup.

Cheers for the input all!!!