Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Terry's Ae82 Fx-gt Race Car

Featured Replies

My car was built from a brand new shell by TOM's Japan for Tom's Toyota Racing GB (England). its first race was Spa 24 hour(Belguim) in 1987. After winning its class in the British Touring Car Championship in 1988 & 89, it came to Australia as part of the Bob Holden team. The car raced in the Aust touring Car Championship from 1990-93. When GpA racing finished it had no class to race in so it was safely put away till I got it going again in 2007. It is still in the same format & livery as it last raced at bathurst 1993

 

Engine

4AG "small port" . Motec computer and quad throttles. extensive internal development

 

transaxle

C52 with TRD close ratio gear kit and LSD. short shifter

 

brakes

front

AP racing 4 piston alloy calipers and full floating slotted vented rotors

rear

FX-GT rear discs with front calipers.

Two master cylinders with adjustable pedal box for balance. no booster

 

Suspension

all custom made.

front.

alloy hubs with alloy cased KYB coil-overs. adjustable for height, bump & rebound.

TRD rose-jointed wishbones

TRD adjustable sway bar

rear.

factory hubs with alloy cased KYB coil-overs. adjustable for height, bump & rebound.

TRD rose-jointed wishbones & tie bars

TRD adjustable sway bar

 

wheels

5 x 6.5 BBS, 16 x 7" TTA magnesium. all centre lock

 

cooling

stock

 

fuel tank

custom alloy outer tank with internal bladder. 65 litres. dry break fillers

 

Interior

TRD race seat, TRD instruments, TRD steering wheel

Alloy roll cage

original dash frame etc.

rear seat & hood lining removed

plumbed in fire extinguisher

6 point harness belt

 

post-1373-1207390059_thumb.jpg

 

post-1373-1207390121_thumb.jpg

 

(Quad throttles not shown, Small port manifold installed for testing)

post-1373-1207390172_thumb.jpg

 

I will get more pics on monday and maybe a vid of it running.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Requesting pictures of rear brake caliper setup please.

Edited by AE70

  • Author
Requesting pictures of rear brake caliper setup please.

 

That means i gotta take the bloody rear wheel off, Ha.

Man, how'd you get ahold of this beast?

 

Can't wait to see more.

Man, how'd you get ahold of this beast?

 

Can't wait to see more.

 

 

He didn't, his boss owns it. Lol!! Looked even better with the almost 5inch air intake it had on it...

  • Author
Man, how'd you get ahold of this beast?

 

Can't wait to see more.

 

Sorry i didnt realise you had posted, As Slim said it's not my car its my bosses, He posted it up on twincam and i transfered it all to here, I have mainly just done the work to get it going with the new engine, I also modified the seat rails so they can move on the tracks so i can fit into it too cause I'm supposably allowed a drive...

 

He didn't, his boss owns it. Lol!! Looked even better with the almost 5inch air intake it had on it...

 

I never actually seen the pipe hooked up in it but have seen what it was, It had to go cause it got changed to a smallport and the quads are going back on.

Either way it's still a phat ride just keep T busy so I can make off with it ok Trev, lol.

  • Author
Either way it's still a phat ride just keep T busy so I can make off with it ok Trev, lol.

 

Ha, I'm fairly sure that he would be able to hear it start, Its still to get up on the hoist to have the extractors joined to the exhaust, I just can't wait till it gets on the dyno and the motec gets tuned for this setup.

Ha, I'm fairly sure that he would be able to hear it start, Its still to get up on the hoist to have the extractors joined to the exhaust, I just can't wait till it gets on the dyno and the motec gets tuned for this setup.

 

 

Ha I'll just push it down the hill and clutch it haha, just let me know when its good to go. Lol.

  • Author
Ha I'll just push it down the hill and clutch it haha, just let me know when its good to go. Lol.

 

Its good to go now, Its just noisy and isnt tuned right but is drivable.

Its good to go now, Its just noisy and isnt tuned right but is drivable.

 

 

Not from what I just heard hahaha

  • Author
Not from what I just heard hahaha

 

Shut up :D

 

I do feel better now that i have learnt that the car has developed an electrical fault and is the reason that it wont start, So everyone else knows what we are on about, I drove the car out to the front today (1st one to drive the car since the rebuild), I told Terry he could drive it back down the back when we were closing up since i had the 1st drive but it wouldnt start, Slim rang while we were trying to get it going again and i told him i drove it 50m's and have already killed it, Ha. I even said to Terry that i havent even hit the track yet and i have broken it.

Shut up :D

 

the car has developed an electrical fault

 

Funny so did mine, lol..

  • Author

A quick start up vid i did yesterday, It a bit too dark but the noise is great:

 

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Took it to our dyno lastnight, Best result was 109 hp @ the wheels as we were experimenting with a few things like an airfilter, more/less fuel & wheel alignment, When we got it running consistenly and were about to tune it for more power the gearbox decided to get stuck in 4th so i will take the box out next week and see what happens, Heres some pics & i will upload a vid to youtube:

 

post-1373-1210335698_thumb.jpg

 

post-1373-1210335910_thumb.jpg

 

One of the bogan (me), I pulled a stupid smile and the camera got the aftermath.

post-1373-1210335989_thumb.jpg

 

Video - Done in 4th gear, 1st half is tuning the fuel map on the motec, 2nd half is seeing how it goes & a 8800rpm revlimit.

Edited by Trev

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.