Terry's Ae82 Fx-gt Race Car

Trev

My car was built from a brand new shell by TOM's Japan for Tom's Toyota Racing GB (England). its first race was Spa 24 hour(Belguim) in 1987. After winning its class in the British Touring Car Championship in 1988 & 89, it came to Australia as part of the Bob Holden team. The car raced in the Aust touring Car Championship from 1990-93. When GpA racing finished it had no class to race in so it was safely put away till I got it going again in 2007. It is still in the same format & livery as it last raced at bathurst 1993

Engine

4AG "small port" . Motec computer and quad throttles. extensive internal development

transaxle

C52 with TRD close ratio gear kit and LSD. short shifter

brakes

front

AP racing 4 piston alloy calipers and full floating slotted vented rotors

rear

FX-GT rear discs with front calipers.

Two master cylinders with adjustable pedal box for balance. no booster

Suspension

all custom made.

front.

alloy hubs with alloy cased KYB coil-overs. adjustable for height, bump & rebound.

TRD rose-jointed wishbones

TRD adjustable sway bar

rear.

factory hubs with alloy cased KYB coil-overs. adjustable for height, bump & rebound.

TRD rose-jointed wishbones & tie bars

TRD adjustable sway bar

wheels

5 x 6.5 BBS, 16 x 7" TTA magnesium. all centre lock

cooling

stock

fuel tank

custom alloy outer tank with internal bladder. 65 litres. dry break fillers

Interior

TRD race seat, TRD instruments, TRD steering wheel

Alloy roll cage

original dash frame etc.

rear seat & hood lining removed

plumbed in fire extinguisher

6 point harness belt

post-1373-1207390059_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1207390121_thumb.jpg

(Quad throttles not shown, Small port manifold installed for testing)

post-1373-1207390172_thumb.jpg

I will get more pics on monday and maybe a vid of it running.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, how'd you get ahold of this beast?

Can't wait to see more.

Sorry i didnt realise you had posted, As Slim said it's not my car its my bosses, He posted it up on twincam and i transfered it all to here, I have mainly just done the work to get it going with the new engine, I also modified the seat rails so they can move on the tracks so i can fit into it too cause I'm supposably allowed a drive...

He didn't, his boss owns it. Lol!! Looked even better with the almost 5inch air intake it had on it...

I never actually seen the pipe hooked up in it but have seen what it was, It had to go cause it got changed to a smallport and the quads are going back on.

Either way it's still a phat ride just keep T busy so I can make off with it ok Trev, lol.

Ha, I'm fairly sure that he would be able to hear it start, Its still to get up on the hoist to have the extractors joined to the exhaust, I just can't wait till it gets on the dyno and the motec gets tuned for this setup.

Ha, I'm fairly sure that he would be able to hear it start, Its still to get up on the hoist to have the extractors joined to the exhaust, I just can't wait till it gets on the dyno and the motec gets tuned for this setup.

Ha I'll just push it down the hill and clutch it haha, just let me know when its good to go. Lol.

Not from what I just heard hahaha

Shut up :D

I do feel better now that i have learnt that the car has developed an electrical fault and is the reason that it wont start, So everyone else knows what we are on about, I drove the car out to the front today (1st one to drive the car since the rebuild), I told Terry he could drive it back down the back when we were closing up since i had the 1st drive but it wouldnt start, Slim rang while we were trying to get it going again and i told him i drove it 50m's and have already killed it, Ha. I even said to Terry that i havent even hit the track yet and i have broken it.

• 4 weeks later...

Took it to our dyno lastnight, Best result was 109 hp @ the wheels as we were experimenting with a few things like an airfilter, more/less fuel & wheel alignment, When we got it running consistenly and were about to tune it for more power the gearbox decided to get stuck in 4th so i will take the box out next week and see what happens, Heres some pics & i will upload a vid to youtube:

post-1373-1210335698_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1210335910_thumb.jpg

One of the bogan (me), I pulled a stupid smile and the camera got the aftermath.

post-1373-1210335989_thumb.jpg

Video - Done in 4th gear, 1st half is tuning the fuel map on the motec, 2nd half is seeing how it goes & a 8800rpm revlimit.

Edited by Trev