My Beast- Ca18Det Into Ae71

redae71

ok so ive now finally got a radiator and twin thermos in, i used a honda prelude radiator, got it flushed and cleaned up. it came with two wicked thermo fans that worked when i tested them. made up some brackets with bungs to hold the radiator in and it is perfect. since last reply i have fitted the dump pipe, boost controller and a fair few vacuum lines. all thats left to do now is throttle cable, clutch line, install the custom harness and fit up the rest of the exhaust... just waiting on some funds.... more pics up soon

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f@$kin wicked man.

this sticks one in the face of the 4a purists hahahahaha

what are you planning to do to get this legal (if you are)

good luck with it.

joe

i will get a full engineers cert and mod plate.... eventually........... at some stage...................... :jamie:

• 3 months later...

OK so its finnally running.... took about 30m mins to start I'm assuming due to lifters bleeding up and also injectors took a while to start workin as well, once i got it running it was missfiring so i took out all the coils and found 3 were missing the spring and carbide tip so i masacred some dizzy caps and problem solvered :yes: exhaust is now on il post a video up if i can figure out how, the video is of the first time it ran well with only the split dump pipe on. anyway any questions or comments appreciated.... also if anyone has a t25 or t28 i need one cos mine is frikkin loud as, lol bearings are fingered, anyway enjoy!

post-4345-1228389649_thumb.jpg post-4345-1228389950_thumb.jpg

well, took it for its first drive the other day and all this effort was worth it, it goes fkn hard as on only 9psi... has a little boost spike up to 10 but il put that down to how i have the boost controller setup (lines are a little long), anyhoo as soon as i get my mate finishes my catch can il put up completed pics and make a few vids to link to!... btw what boost have people run on a CA reliably? i was thinkin maybe put it up to 12?

btw what boost have people run on a CA reliably? i was thinkin maybe put it up to 12?

Aren't you running a stock computer?

It will have a boost cut if you are, normally around 12.

So increase the boost until you hit the boost cut, then back it off a bit.

Remember it will hit the boost cut earlier in colder weather, and lower gears.

If its an aftermarket computer it would do 15 reliably.

Ive seen what these nissan motors can do,

I personally would run it on 18 or 19,

but probably couldnt completely guarantee reliability.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

Looks pretty sick from here man. Hurry up and get on a cruise with that thing. Would be interesting getting an FG F6 Typhoon up against your ride. Maybe we should try it at work hey? haha

yeh right, it wouldnt beat the new ones, no way!....... 18-19 pound? I'm pretty sure the t25 compressor just makes heat after 14psi!!!!!!!!! but then again i just bought one of those KLS t28's i know i know chinese crap but its better than runing a f*cked t25 and plus on 12psi on a standard computer it will make heaps more power with a bit more ignition timing over a f@$ked t25, albeit loss in response, CA18's are not the definition of response to begin with anyways... i still love it lol

thats a good effort man i like it i was goin to put a ca into a 74 celica but i never had tha funds wen you get it running race teddy haha 4ag vs ca that would be a good race lol :)

haha its running now dude I'm putting my catch can in this weekend so it stops pissing oil out when i drive it... its a return system so the elbow above the oil filter is uncovered atm thats why its pissin oil out... couldnt wait to drive it lol :D anyway CA vs 4AGE has been done... beat my mates ke70 with 125hp atw 4AGE no worries...