Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Featured Replies

  • Author

The bellhousing I bought ended up getting posted to QLD and my money refunded. I have sourced another through Ryan (SLO030?) but have a mates K50 in at the moment for cruising.

Next week I'm taking the car on approx 3,000km round trip to Halfway Hangs at Valla/Raleigh. Great excuse for a road trip in LKE020 and a chance to see some rad cars drifting.

 

In preparation for this I've been repairing the minor damage from a tyre wall at Wilby. I couldn't source a replacement TE27 lip, so have had a crack at fiberglass repairs. I also dialled some more caster in a month or so back, and the car feels heaps more planted in turns.

 

I'm currently adding another leaf to stiffen up the rear, and also levelling the ride height to account for the 14"/13" stagger.

 

20170119_173751_zpszgypgrmr.jpg

20170119_173800_zps0gkrzcmg.jpg

20170119_173755_zps18bc6bno.jpg

20170207_182213_zpsfrvxjje1.jpg

Edited by Doogs

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 407
  • Views 857.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Thanks for the kind words guys.   I took the car up to Lake Eildon this weekend as I was going waterskiing with mates. Car ran pretty well but I think I have a blocked PCV, there was some oil leakag

  • Your 20 looked great at Classic Japan today, so bloody clean.    

  • Cheers guys, will definately be up for a cruise when i get it all put together. :)

  • Author

So Halfway Hangs is done and dusted, and the KE20 made it home in one piece after a 2,900km round trip. The car performed quite well, with the only issue being a problematic oil pressure switch. Let me tell you, it gives you a fair scare when the oil light comes on at 110kph!

Over the course of the trip the car was using about 11.5L/100km, started off around 12 and progressively improved to closer to 11. I still want to look at a retune sometime, potentially up-righting the motor when I do so. The black staining on the rear after a few ks was quite thick, and it fuels up a bit at idle/progression circuit. I changed plugs after my first stop at Wangaratta, not surprisingly #3 was a fair bit blacker than the others. The filter against the strut tower is certainly less than ideal.

Wednesday was a beautiful day on the road and so I drove to Port Macquarie from Wang (1020kms) and chilled out with a sunset beer before progressing to Coffs Harbour later that night. I caught sunrise across Park Beach, and that was pretty special. After a solid detail of the car and cleanse/wax off the grime I caught my mates at Valla Beach who were driving the event. I collected a friend from Coffs airport that night, as he was tripping back to Melbourne with me in the 20.

Friday was the show and hanging out around the park, awesome quality of cars and a few older beasts that were styled really well.

Saturday was the drifting event at Raleigh, was great to see so many nice cars driven in anger and get a few passenger rides. Reminded me of some of the vids you see on youtube of Final Bout. Sunday a few guys ran another day at Raleigh and they almost talked me into driving, I said I would if the forecast rain came. I wasn’t keen to bust the car with minimal spares 1,400km from home! The rain ended up hammering us from Kempsey to almost Sydney on the road home.

 

Doogs on the tuckerbox.

20170215_101549_zpscxyle5wg.jpg

 

Park Beach sunrise, featuring kookaburras and Nardi

20170216_055659_zpsjvq4lf0k.jpg

 

Kev's slammed Cresta

20170217_135456-1_zpstheqp6nx.jpg

20170217_133442-1_zpscnrsaczq.jpg

One of my favourite cars and friendly dude Ryan Beal – Roadblasters 3SGTE KE70

20170218_112453-1_zpsjrfenixc.jpg

Kumar leading Nath, both with fresh paint and Kumar now running a BEAMS

20170218_101314-1%201_zpsvyewun1x.jpg

Willy Gs 20v 86 – looks awesome with the fresh colour and Wats

20170219_134947-1_zpshcz8qlzs.jpg

received_10154073207886548_zpsddkog4ws.jpeg

Back for dinner with mates in Melbourne

20170220_172643-1_zpsmfr1nong.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.