ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

steven, the clutch is probably slipping cause of the way you were driving it, you gotta let a HD out faster than you were it wears em out

adam yeah this track isnt for anything nicer than a old rolla with stock stuffed suspension...

anyone got paddock smasher cars???

hay andrew i put that carby on my car but i think i might have got the vacuum lines wrong cause its running smegen weird as can i come look at urs?

Edited by Ella

Yeah I try to release it faster just that I am used to my old heavy duty clutch, not used to the new one 100%, its a really soft clutch and it was showing signs of wear/slipping before I bought the car, it was one of the things I was counting on replacing.

Tossing up between a twin plate or a 3puck solid with a pressure plate of around 1800lbs. Leaning towards the latter as I aint sure I want a twin plate.

The current clutch is fine, it just slips bad when it comes onto max boost. As I understand that a little shudder(couldnt think of a better word) is to be expected with these sort of clutches at low speed/takeoff?

Edited by Pure-SX

If it slips coming on to max boost, get used to it slipping more regularly. That's how it happened with the GT-Four. Which I drove to work today - damn I love that car. Can't wait till the new clutch goes in and I can use high boost again.

As for the shudder, I get a bit with the ORC clutch. It's frustrating, but not too bad. The rattle when the clutch is fully depressed is annoying though. That should go when I've got the new clutch in though.

And a 3-puck solid clutch is going to be a bitch around town - do you really need something that extreme?

get a os giken twin plate

hard to use as u seen me at tdz trying to move xxxline ahahahaha that was funney

100% wont slip on u

yeah luke come around today like after 4:30 if you can and i should be home

ROLLAS GOEN WITH STANDERD ENGINE BACK IN YAY

thanks to the help of gregor it started a chooffed a bit with no exhaust

its loud ahahahah

Edited by ae174agze

so after all the discussion we've come to the conclution stephen can't drive?

:S

one suzuki box out... its hard to remove a gearbox when all the bolts are rusted, but thats were the angle grinder helped :D also difficult when the chassis isnt straight, now to remove mine good thing its got 30s lol no need for a jack

get a os giken twin plate

hard to use as u seen me at tdz trying to move xxxline ahahahaha that was funney

100% wont slip on u

yeah luke come around today like after 4:30 if you can and i should be home

ROLLAS GOEN WITH STANDERD ENGINE BACK IN YAY

thanks to the help of gregor it started a chooffed a bit with no exhaust

its loud ahahahah

hrmm might be closer to 530, ill do my best man.

Adam reply to email Re: Flying Fox Festival?

Been chatting with a rep from Exedy for awhile today, nothing off the shelf there would hold up for long if at all, hes gonna have a chat to the manufacturer and get back to me about a modified/custom jobby. Chatting with extreme and got the same response about nothing off the shelf etc.

Got offered a an AE92 hatch with a blown motor for $500 today, was gonna strip with parts that i need to 'fix and tidy' up my rolla but since its just the motor thats gone, would do a conversion in this nicely,but currently have no funds for that at this stage, don't even have the cash to buy the car itself. Blown motor is a 4ac carb, but its got side skirts and a rear spoiler (which i'm very interested in!) dunno abt the skirts, but yeah, dunno what to do. could just store it and wait til i can afford a new engine and just put it in.

Hey Stephen, how much was the respray for your bumpers on your old AE82? Want to fix my rust spots and do a white respray over, any volunteers?

Edited by Sirolla