ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless you know people with equipment to do my head work, shave, port and polish, fit the .6mm head gasket, my 256/8.1 ex, 264/8.0 inlet custom cams, my adjustable cam gears, do a 5-angel valve job, install the new valve springs, install the 4-2-1 hks copy extractors, 2.25" straight thru exhaust system, the 5kg flywheel, the heavy duty clutch, fit my bush kit, install the coilovers, and a bit of guard rolling to fit the 15x7 rewinds with r888s semi-slicks....phew...be sure to let me know...

If you're only getting 256/8.1 exhaust and 264/8.0 intake cams, then why are you bothing with porting and polishing? And if you're not fitting big valves (which you didn't mention and you won't need with cams so mild), then why get the 5-angle valve job? Don't forget the stock bigport cams are 240-degree, 7.32mm lift. I was looking at 276/288 degree cams for the 4A-GZE. For a 4A-GE with reasonable power (eg 170+hp at the flywheel), and to optimise the other mods you've mentioned (or to even make them worthwhile), you need to be thinking 270+ degree duration, and lift of 9.0mm.

If you're only getting 256/8.1 exhaust and 264/8.0 intake cams, then why are you bothing with porting and polishing? And if you're not fitting big valves (which you didn't mention and you won't need with cams so mild), then why get the 5-angle valve job? Don't forget the stock bigport cams are 240-degree, 7.32mm lift. I was looking at 276/288 degree cams for the 4A-GZE. For a 4A-GE with reasonable power (eg 170+hp at the flywheel), and to optimise the other mods you've mentioned (or to even make them worthwhile), you need to be thinking 270+ degree duration, and lift of 9.0mm.

Oks, so i might not worry about the port and polish thing, as i think they're more to do with the bottom-end.

As with the cams, i'm working on drivability and not on the power output. As with these cams, they are able to run on a the factory ECU (as i have read). These cams if advanced a bit will idle normally and might give me more low to mid-end power, but a slight loss in the top-end. I am of course still reading on this topic and reading other peoples modifications as well.

I won't try to argue with you Adam, as you are a much bigger person when it comes down to car stuff than i am, so forgive me if i might be wrong. I am still learning. :/

I was only aiming at 150hp with the current setup, but if i did go with those mods, maybe adding an ECU will help the engine alot.

joes car went way past 6k he showed me biggest mob :cool:

theres a fella with a twincharger 4agzte forsale i was talking to him and hes got pretty massive cams in his one i think 288's he said idols around 1600 rpm

but he said if he'd do it again he was gonna use smaller cams

yep turbos make more power on same boost and to boot they don't take any power to run, and you can runa nice freer flowing exhaust cause you have wolds most expensive muffler.... hey i tried it at MVR with my silvias straight pipe and the bloke agreed hahaha

I won't try to argue with you Adam, as you are a much bigger person when it comes down to car stuff than i am, so forgive me if i might be wrong. I am still learning. :/

Bigger than you physically too - so don't f@$k with me. :cool:

want ppls views on turboing the adub, would be running t25, w2a, 440cc injectors n zaust till i got more money? on stock ecu coz i think i might hav killed another sc :hmm:
adam will say

"turbo's are shit supercharger no lag ra ra ra "

davin will say

"NA all the way"

i'll say

"go for gold turbo's are better make more power on the same boost"

go for gold turbo's are better make more power on the same boost

Andrew is half right - I don't like turbo's. HOWEVER, I do recognise that they are an efficiency multiplier (thanks irokin). I just don't like lag. As for your mods you've mentioned, they should all be fine on the stock ECU, and you could run pretty decent boost (except for the T25 restricting things).

Of course, you could always just buy Duy's brother's SW11...

yeah my car was awfully close to 8 on the tacho a couple of times and sitll pulling strong. I'll try keep it to 7 or so for now... but still...

Might put the JDM ecu in and see if I notice any difference...

I have a good system going in the car though - it leaks so I have a towel... towel gets wet mopping up so I leave it on the passenger foot well where the heat from the ehxaust dries it. Flawless.

Adam. when do you want to come and get the head. It doesn't appear to have all the cam shaft caps... I think they must have gone AWOL at the block.

i reccon limmiter would be around 7.6.-- 7.8ish

t25-g from a gtr would be the way to go i think ??>>?>?>?> there steal wheeled, if you use a standerd one what adam said was right, 10-12 psi,

fella i know with a rice line ran his on t28 on 14psi broke in about 2 months

i reccon you'd make 110ish at the wheels on more like 8-10 psi on a t25

that sw11 would be a wicked buy man its fast been for a few straps in on the motorkaharna day, it boosts a bit late but pulls so hard in 2-5th gear

if i did go turbo 12psi would be alright but would love to run up to 15psi, maybe a "small" T28 i still wana keep my drivability and trackabliity, could a t25 boost to 14-15psi?

the sw11 is a cool car but its just not neat and tidy looks like its just been slapped together over a weekend.

o well I'm ringing danny 2moz and bookin it in, it might not even be the sc thats makin a noise it might be a noisy head from not adjusting the buckets?

Or build a hybrid T3/T4, if thats what they call them...:wink:

Hahaha, just showed that fxgt picture to a couple of my friends, they'll like whats the difference?? :)

Oh birdie, my bro has a S6 RX-7 turbo if you wanna try that....Let me know

Edited by Sirolla