Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Predicament

Featured Replies

I think thats how its spelt anyway...

 

Have 3800 saved.. + car worth 2k ish

 

Do i buy a car with that money then sell the car and use that money to modify or use the saved money and sell the car to buy a better car and wait till i save up more money to mod it??

Usually better to buy a car thats done! Most mods will cost twice as much as you think and take three times longer than planned. You'll then have to buy another car to get around in while your modifying the first one. Buying the second car will eat into the budget for the first car meaning the mods on the first car will now take five times longer to finish!

FOLLOW !!!!!! :hmm:

Yeh, but buying a completed car never feels the same. You know it was someone elses toy (and so do the people in the car scene usually), and it never quite feels like yours until you mod it more.

What car have you got now, is it worth modifying? What kind of base car (under $3500) would you perfer? How long are you happy to wait to have it finished? Can you afford to have no car while you are working on it?

 

I personally have brought someone elses toy in the past. It was great but never quite mine. Now I am doing a car myself from scratch. I don't care if it takes me a couple of years to get it the way I want, I can say "It's my baby, I built her". Other thing is, I brought a cheap falcador to get me around while my Rolla is being built.

  • Author

atm i have an ae82 auto

 

Looking to buy an ae92 sx

 

I don't plan on any major work guys, some nice wheels, exhaust system, somewhere down the track and audio (sub amp etc)

 

I am currently a student

Nah.

 

If you were going to restore something a bit older with some 'classic' appeal, then I'd perhaps advise otherwise, but since we're dealing with disposable hatchbacks here I'd probably just flog the '82 and find a decent '92 thats already had the work done.

 

Your $5800 budget should get you something fairly decent too.

Nah.

 

If you were going to restore something a bit older with some 'classic' appeal, then I'd perhaps advise otherwise, but since we're dealing with disposable hatchbacks here I'd probably just flog the '82 and find a decent '92 thats already had the work done.

 

Your $5800 budget should get you something fairly decent too.

 

Right on.

Aggreed. With that money you will be able to buy a better overall car.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.