Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hotwiring The Auto......

Featured Replies

As title says, I'm in the middle of an auto to manual conversion with a KE70, and I've disconnected everything leading to the gearbox, now the engine won't start at all........ :hmm:

 

I've had a dig around and the only information I can find says that there are a couple of wires leading to the auto shifter that only allow the car to start in "Park", could someone help me by telling me what wires I need to cross so that the car starts every time?

 

Thanks heaps in advance........Yoda.

As title says, I'm in the middle of an auto to manual conversion with a KE70, and I've disconnected everything leading to the gearbox, now the engine won't start at all........ :hmm:

 

I've had a dig around and the only information I can find says that there are a couple of wires leading to the auto shifter that only allow the car to start in "Park", could someone help me by telling me what wires I need to cross so that the car starts every time?

 

Thanks heaps in advance........Yoda.

 

I havent dealt with auto trans before, so from what i know from manual boxes there should be 2 wires for the reverse lights and 2 wires for the park switch. Possibly connect both wires from each pair of wires together (one pair at a time) and by proccess of elimination you should find which pair is the park switch wires.the worst i can see happening is turnin on your revesing lights. just remember to hook the other pair of wires up to the reverse switch on the manual box (goto the FAQ for where the reverse switch is)

 

CHEERS

Ryan

  • Author

Thanks heaps for the tip, I'll look into it during daylight hours......

 

I had a thought too while I was at work, I'll pull the shifter itself apart and work out which wires trigger each switch.........

 

Cheers for your help.

 

Yoda.

yea no probs mate.

 

Which shifter are you talkin abou manual or auto? shouldnt need to pull either of the shifters apart. as on the manual the reverse wires exit thru the side of the box.as i recal there are about 3 pairs of wires coming from the box (again FAQ is your friend) and sorting which is the starter circuit wires and reverse wires are another case of trial and error.

 

CHEERS

Ryan

a mate of mine used the park switch from his auto as an immobiliser when he converted to manual. he wired the park switch to a reed switch (magnetic) and stashed it under the carpet, then to start the car you have to hold a magnet over the certain patch of carpet and turn the key or else it won't start.

Yea thats not a bad idea ay? stealth starter. you could just use an ordinary toggle switch and mount it somewhere hidden for "theft prevention". hey at least you will have most of the wiring work already done.

 

CHEERS

Ryan

  • Author

Yeah, i was talking about the auto shifter, I figure if I pull it to bits, I can work out which wires are triggered without the trial and error thing........

 

And the kill switch idea is a thought, where do I get one of those magnet switches?

Yeah, i was talking about the auto shifter, I figure if I pull it to bits, I can work out which wires are triggered without the trial and error thing........

 

And the kill switch idea is a thought, where do I get one of those magnet switches?

 

 

Jaycar would be the place id be going to for switches here are a few.

Minature Reed switch, smaller than a $2 coin. would suggest use with a relay. Part# SM-1002 $1.50.

 

Alls switches below areReed Switch and Magnet Assembly (include both switch and magnet),same as the ones used on security systems on dors and windows, closed circuit while near magnet (ideal for your situation)

 

Part# LA-5072 $4.95 (std size, same as used in security systems)

 

Part# LA-5070 $6.95 (has both normally open and closed terminals)

 

part# LA-5074 $7.25 (minature, good for hiding under carpet)

 

Goto the Jaycar website: www.jaycar.com.au and type in the part numbers in the searh box to see pics. Hope this info helps

 

CHEERS

Ryan

  • Author

:y: Wow dude, thanks for the info, I'm gonna go shopping! Then I'm gonna get this car going (assuming tomorrow works out), then I'll have to hide the magnet switch somewhere nasty and evil where I'll forget it and crack the shits while trying to find it......... This will be fun.

 

Ta heaps man. :yes:

 

Yoda.

:y: Wow dude, thanks for the info, I'm gonna go shopping! Then I'm gonna get this car going (assuming tomorrow works out), then I'll have to hide the magnet switch somewhere nasty and evil where I'll forget it and crack the shits while trying to find it......... This will be fun.

 

Ta heaps man. :yes:

 

Yoda.

 

 

yea don't hide it too well that even u doont know where it is. my supervisor had a datto 1600 and put a switch for the leccy fuel pump down the side of the drivers seat, cut most of the acctuator for the swtich off so it was ony just visible even when you looked in the right spot. sold it to the dealership ans a few days later he got a call saying the car wouldnt start. turns out while cleaning it they knocked the switch to the off position and even the mechanics couldnt figure out the problem. so if done well a consealed switch will be a handy imobiliser. still wont stop theives from roll starting it:(

 

CHEERS

Ryan

On a ke30 You will find a relay board behind the drivers side kick board take the 4 pin auto loom plug out and replace with a manual link as shown, I would suggest ke70 would be similar,

 

Hope it helps,

 

Darren

post-3388-1209077451_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.