Ke70 Won't Start :(

Ke70

I went to start her yesterday and it took about 10 - 15 seconds to finally kick over. I left it running for a few minutes just to warm it up then turned it off and tried starting it again. Didn't want to start so i thought could be the battery so i went and put a new battery in but even now when you turn the key it wont even make an attempt at making the noise that its kicking over..It just turns and nothing happens what so ever.

Anyone know what it could be? I'm thinking rooted starter motor?

thanks

Rhys

Members dont see this ad
I went to start her yesterday and it took about 10 - 15 seconds to finally kick over. I left it running for a few minutes just to warm it up then turned it off and tried starting it again. Didn't want to start so i thought could be the battery so i went and put a new battery in but even now when you turn the key it wont even make an attempt at making the noise that its kicking over..It just turns and nothing happens what so ever.

Anyone know what it could be? I'm thinking rooted starter motor?

thanks

Rhys

so the engine will rotate underbattery power to the starter motor ?, but will not fire to run off fuel ?

have you checked you have a point gap inside the distributor ?

the concept you need to familiarise with here is that the motor is turning over, so the starter motor and battery are doing their jobs, however the motor wont fire up; the fuel being poored in wont ignite.

So my bet is check you ignition system as Budowski said above... leads, dizzy, points, sparkies, coil.

so the engine will rotate underbattery power to the starter motor ?, but will not fire to run off fuel ?

have you checked you have a point gap inside the distributor ?

nope, the whole car is recieving power from the battery when you turn the key to on but when you go to the next point to actually start the engine nothing happens..the only noise the car is making is that of the key turning in the ignition..the engine wont even make a noise.

nope, the whole car is recieving power from the battery when you turn the key to on but when you go to the next point to actually start the engine nothing happens..the only noise the car is making is that of the key turning in the ignition..the engine wont even make a noise.

so you mean to say the engine will not rotate eg starter motor not turning engine ?

Checked all fuses?

Also check that the main thick power cable to one of the terminals on the starter motor<solenoid> has good connection and the lil solenoid wire is connected/clean ...not broken off.

Care must be taken because these terminals are copper and may snap off then ull definately need either a new starter motor/seconhand. also using the factory wheel brace the long bar and tap the side of the solenoid/starter while a mate turns the key it may be sticking.

If that doesnt work put in gear if manual and rock car bar and fourth starter may be seized to the flywheel

Hey,

Try giving the starter motor a thump. It sounds just like what my falcon used to do. Stuck starter motor solenoid.

Get a long flat head screwdriver, put it on the starter motor solenoid and get someone to crank the engine while you give it a few whacks. Hard, but make sure the screwdrivers on the solenoid housing. don't want it to slip and break something else.

Should eventually crank...

It could just be a cactus solenoid that needs replacing. I haven't actually had the joy of looking at mine yet, it was brand new when I got the car lol.

Ethan

Edited by LilSlvrRolla

this happened to my car...

i replaced my starter and about two months later it happened again.

i ended up fitting a relay on the starter to bypass the ignition coil and this worked a treat!

the idea behind this is that as the car electrical system gets old the electrical resistance increases.

because of this the ignition coil can't give anough signal or power to get your starter running!

the tell tale signs are clicking and no starting.. and when its completely f'd nothing happens!

If this is the problem its easy and cheap to fix...

check this link. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/faq/inde...a/starter-relay

Edited by blackrolla80

Hey,

Try giving the starter motor a thump. It sounds just like what my falcon used to do. Stuck starter motor solenoid.

Get a long flat head screwdriver, put it on the starter motor solenoid and get someone to crank the engine while you give it a few whacks. Hard, but make sure the screwdrivers on the solenoid housing. don't want it to slip and break something else.

Should eventually crank...

It could just be a cactus solenoid that needs replacing. I haven't actually had the joy of looking at mine yet, it was brand new when I got the car lol.

Ethan

This frees the brushes, has nothing to do with freeing a solenoid..

get someone to key the motor over while you tap the starter near where the brush holder is housed, if it starts to crank while doing this good chance your brushes are sticking or low.. Don't hit near the permanent magnets or the solenoid or you can further damage the starter..

get someone to key the motor over while you tap the starter near where the brush holder is housed, if it starts to crank while doing this good chance your brushes are sticking or low.. Don't hit near the permanent magnets or the solenoid or you can further damage the starter..

rough photo of what to hit? :yes: