4a-c Anyone Seen Or Modded One Themself

Phat535

I've just finished putting a new 4A-C in my AE71 (thanks Jason and Teddy, ended up doing the whole thing by hand, lifting the motor out of Jason's car, then into mine at home haha) and since the old one is apparently a non-interferance motor so there shouldn't be any damage I was going to rebuild it for a spare

my question is has anyone here ever played with these motors?

I'm thinking of rebuilding it with a bigger cam, ported head and possibly bigger carb

if I do that will it have enough power to spin the wheels? I've upgraded the brakes and suspension cause I want to drift it and was going to do a 4AGZE conversion but I got over it and can't be bothered spending much more money on it haha go back to finishing of my bimmer instead hehe

I've taken it out and tried to drift it a few times, with the new brakes and suspension it deffinately feels a million times nicer on the road and I'm quite confident it would make a mad drifter with a bit more power, but just over spending money on it

will a cam some headwork and a carb swap be enough to get the little beast sideways, I don't know anyone that's spent money on a 4A-C so I don't know how they'll respond to such mods

Dave

Members dont see this ad

for a laugh before he converted to cammed sidedraft 4age, michael seymous (ira11y on toymods) did some work to his 4ac, and managed to get a decent amount of power out of it. you could find him (with the toymods search function) and ask him, he's a really top guy so he'll probably help you if you don't annoy him too much

basically, don't spend a heap of money on it. cheap carby, bumpstick and $600 max of headwork then if you need more power, invest in a better engine

haha I'll do the headwork myself as I used to do it for a living

and I'll get the cam for sweet dick all cause the Tighe family are family friends

I'll be building the whole thing myself so I figure I'll get it all done for under $200 including the vrs kit

I just want to know if it'll have enough power to bag the rears, never known anyone silly enough to mod one before so I don't know how they respond to simple mods, don't want to waste my time if I do it and it still won't even do a burnout haha

Edited by Phat535

Cheapest way to do a burnout?  Get crap tyres.  That way you get to spend LESS money and make your car LOOK faster :P

haha I'm not some newbie who wants to go do a burnout in my fully sick stock excel

if I wanted to do that I'd do it in my RX7 or my gemini with the blown 3.8L VP commy donk

even though I may have worded it in a funny way I am serious in asking if those mods will achieve wheel spin

I recently spent a fair bit of money on the suspension and brakes ready for a 4AGZE conversion and was planning on using it for a drift thasher (mountain runs, QLD Raceway events etc) but even with the better suspension and brakes I can get it sideways easy enough, but only for about half a second before it bogs down from lack of power

I'm putting a twin turbo stroker motor into my `94 5 series bmw and that's soaking up a lot of my funds, so can't be bothered spending money on the rolla for a while

so as I said I'm not some 17 year old punk kid dreaming about owning cars that can do fully sick burnouts. so I don't appretiate you implying that

Edited by Phat535

so as I said I'm not some 17 year old punk kid dreaming about owning cars that can do fully sick burnouts. so I don't appretiate you implying that

Sorry if that came across wrong, I didn't imply that. You did ask "if those mods will achieve wheel spin".

And the simple answer is - it depends.

Assuming it achieves 60kw atw (and I don't know if it will, it may, it may not), will it achieve wheel spin with cheapo tyres? Most definately. My car is apparently pushing 69hp atw, and it pulls massive wheel spin with my el-scorcho motorkhana tyres, wet or dry. It will pull massive skids too, wet or dry. In fact it's just about impossible to not drive sideways in the wet with them on.

Will it achieve wheel spin with semi slicks? Probably not unless you tried really hard, and even then you'd probably just chirp them. With my 69hp, once my semi slicks are warm I can barely chirp them.

So no, I wasn't implying that you were some young noob who didn't know anything better, I was simply giving you an answer from a different perspective.

sorry I thought you were having a go at me saying like I wanted to do burnouts so I can be cool and impress my stubbie wearing mates bazza and shazza

I'm a little short tempered tonight, I don't remember the last time I was this hung over I was extremely drunk last night and a friend who has just returned from overseas convinced me to smoke a few $150 genuine cuban cigars when I was already so drunk I could barely walk, my stomach didn't like the idea though, as a result I threw up most of my stomach and I've brushed my teeth 3 times today and it still tastes like someone took a shit in my mouth :P :) ;)