Removing Heater

KE70+AE92

Members dont see this ad

detatch the water lines running from the water pump/back of head from the heater unit at the firewall, then either block off or loop those lines.

disconnect the cables running from the heater control panel to the heater, pull out the dash (you might be able to take it out without removing the dash) dicsonnect/remove the air piping, then unbolt it from the firewall and pull it out.

• 2 weeks later...

i took out the heater out i had to take out the glove box and the part surrouding the radio and instrumental cluster.

the two pipes that go to the box in the middle of the dash i just joined them together.

because that box has a little radiator in it would this increase my chance of over heating my engine?

thanks

i took out the heater out i had to take out the glove box and the part surrouding the radio and instrumental cluster.

the two pipes that go to the box in the middle of the dash i just joined them together.

because that box has a little radiator in it would this increase my chance of over heating my engine?

thanks

That little radiator _is_ your heater, hot coolant is pumped through it and the fan blows air over it, which heats the air. Yes, it does have a minor (repeat, minor) cooling effect on the engine, but if your car doesn't overheat when the heater tap is closed (ie heater turned off) then it won't overheat if you bypass the heater core.