Go Karting Anyone??

JiP

Where To Kart?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tuesday is cheap night at archerfield, its something like $30 for 2 sessions? or 3 for $45??

it does pay to for EVERYONE to get there on time early and book in before 6 or 7?

after that time the hordes start flowing in.

and i don't think they take bookings unless its a championship package or something like a corporate

event deal package, might be able to twist their arm and sweet talk them into a booking lol.

make sure the full track is avaliable, one tuesday some championship event was on taking the

other half of the track and half a track makes twice as many karts, literally driving over each other at times.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so what does everyone think... Do we want to do this on a Tuesday night?? Or have it on a weekend, say Saturday or Sunday??

I see the benefits on the Tuesday cause its cheaper but also see the downside as people will have work early the next morning and might not show up.

That leaves the weekend. It may be a bit more expensive but I think the turnout may be better.

Tell me what you all think!!

J.

-----------------------

*EDIT*

What do we think about August??

Edited by JiP_01
Forgot to set date.

Okay, so what does everyone think... Do we want to do this on a Tuesday night?? Or have it on a weekend, say Saturday or Sunday??

I see the benefits on the Tuesday cause its cheaper but also see the downside as people will have work early the next morning and might not show up.

That leaves the weekend. It may be a bit more expensive but I think the turnout may be better.

Tell me what you all think!!

J.

-----------------------

*EDIT*

What do we think about August??

Whenever you are ready John. Just need to know a price and date. Then I can beat you all at it :P Hahaha

• 4 weeks later...

Okay. So are we all happy with Archerfeild Speed Karts??

I might try to give them a call and get some quotes. If this cheap Tuesday deal is legit, would we be keen??

Or do we wanna aim for a weekend??

Cheers

JiP

:( Not sure if anyone else sees it but the tumble weeds are blowing through.

Has the Brisbane forum completely stopped??

Has the interest for this event died off completely??

I know what you mean about our subforum mate..................

I'm still keen for Go Karting :D with a couple of mates tagging along :(

• 1 month later...

Okay, lets chuck this into gear...

Archerfield Speed Karts...

Casual Rates (over 13 years of age)

$ 33 for 1 x 12 minute session

$ 62 for 2 x 12 minute sessions*

$ 89 for 3 x 12 minute sessions*

$112 for 4 x 12 minute sessions*

(* prepaid, per person)

A once off fee of $5 applies to all new and replacement licences

Advanced Karts.

For the more experienced drivers, we offer you an extra challenge - to qualify to use one of our even FASTER advanced karts!

Drivers need to qualify by posting consistently good lap times and consistently driving safely – this means no spinouts or crashes, as well as following our track safety rules.

Our Lightweight KT100J karts feature a lightweight race frame, blueprinted engine, hi-performance muffler, hydraulic brakes and sticky compound racing tyres. These karts are capable of speeds of up to 90 km/h down the straights!

Our Clubman KT100S karts take karting to a whole new level. These fully race-prepared karts feature a 15 hp ‘S’ class engine on a lightweight chassis, capable of speeds of up to 100 km/h!

Lightweight KTJ100 – 90 km/h karts

$ 38 for 1 x 12 minute session

$ 72 for 2 x 12 minute sessions*

$102 for 3 x 12 minute sessions*

(* prepaid, per person)

Clubman KTJ100S – 100 km/h karts

$ 45 for 1 x 10 minute session

$ 85 for 2 x 10 minute sessions*

$121 for 3 x 10 minute sessions*

(* prepaid, per person)

Or do we want a race package where we have the track to our selves??

Race Packages

Heat up the Competition! Ideal for social clubs, workgroups, team bonding, bucks parties.

For a more competitive, race-oriented event, try one of our Race Packages! Great for teambuilding and inspiring extra competition between workmates, bosses and teams! All drivers receive a practice session to get used to the karts and the track, followed by one or more Qualifying sessions (dependant upon your chosen race format) run with an Indycar style rolling start. After Qualifying, gear up for the big Final with trophies available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placegetters. (Custom trophies also available upon request). We also provide printouts of Qualifying and Race Results for bragging rights back at the office! (Minimum of 8 drivers required for Race Packages) * Tuesday to Sunday based on 350m Laguna or Elise Track.

Minimum and Maximum Drivers Required:

One Team: .... 8 - 14 drivers

Two Teams: ...16 - 28 drivers

Three Teams:. 29 - 42 drivers

Four Teams: ..43 - 56 drivers

Five Teams: ...57 - 70 drivers

Indy Race Package - *$75 per person.

With a minimum number of 8 drivers required for this event, and a maximum of 14 on the track at once, this is a great introduction to kart racing. This event consists of a

1 x 12 minute practice session

1 x 15 lap qualifying race

1 x 15 lap final.

We use the times from the qualifying race to determine the starting order for the "rolling-start" final. For bookings larger than 14 people, we will break the group down into teams, with the fastest drivers going through to the final, and the others compete in a "consolation" final, so everyone gets the same amount of time on the track!

* Trophies are avaialable for $70 a set (1st, 2nd, 3rd)

Note: A once off fee of $5 applies to all new and replacement licences

Grand Prix Race Package - *$95 per person.

By far our most popular racing event! This race package consists of a

1 x 12 minute practice session

2 x 15 lap qualifying races

1 x 20 lap final.

The major bonus is that trophies are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

*10% surcharge on Public Holidays. (Race Packages Only)

Note: A once off fee of $5 applies to all new and replacement licences

If we agree on one and set a date, I'll be needing 10% ahead of time to make the booking.

What do we think of the Grand Prix race Package??

You can read up about everything here...

http://www.realgokarts.com/pricing.htm