I Went Shopping Today....

SoulSearcher

Members dont see this ad
:(

post-1090-1211625629.jpg

They're SoundStream SST6.5's (6.5") for the front doors to replace the ones I damaged in the last sound-off

they'll be going in next week and will match nicely with my 6x9's :y:

post-1090-1211625898.jpg

I'm a happy camper :y:

cool i picked up a bargain at strathfeilds some sony xplode 6x9 4 way 200w ex demo 50 bucks with wiring

uh, well actually I didn't, what happened was... I had some seats on order they had to come from overseas, so I'd been paying them off on lay-by while we waited for them...I got a call the other day saying they weren't available any more, so I had a credit to spend...I spend so much there that I didn't bother about a refund, anyway I had a couple of hundred to spend and I was thinking, what do I need that they have...um re-phrase that ... what do I want that they have, and I saw the speakers! I got $80 bucks off cause they love me :y: and I'll be going to KGB to get them fitted....

If I had have gone to KGB to start with, I would have spent a WHOLE lot more on JBL front splits, so I actually saved money..... :(

I've been tossing up whether to get a couple of slim-line subs and put them under the front seats, but I think with the new and improved front speakers I'll be deaf shortly.....

Lesley :y:

hello,

well after spending the last few days sick and off work and in bed, I had heaps of time to think about things in general...in one of my more lucid moments, I realised that my new front speakers (which were going to be installed on Friday but weren't because I was almost dead - ok that's over-exaggerating - I was feeling super crappy from the flu) won't work....the tweeters are in the spider and the spider has to be affixed, and because I want them behind the trim, they won't actually fit....so I'm going with the JBL's, my audio guy is SUPER happy, I'm a bit sad, cause they're so cool :yes:

Luckily I can return them and get a refund to go towards the JBL's... BUT I'm a bit worried about cutting holes in the 1/4 piece behind the mirrors to put in the itty bitty tweeters (I've had it done in the MR2 and I was never really happy with the end result). AND I'm looking at a slim line JBL sub...not sure about that though...

Oh, ALSO I'm getting the exhaust sorted and the CAI sorted this Friday (YAY)!

Lesley :bash:

By some spare plastic bits and remove the originals :lmao:

wouldnt be that hard considering you have the vin number of your car so toyota its self should be able to tell you if they have them in stock.

or do what i do and hit up the wreckers, I'm pretty sure that they would have those piece's in stock consider how many ae112's have be written off here in SA :dance:

raven and mystic: my interior is charcoal, so finding replacements at wreckers is almost impossible, but I'm investigating the levin interiors cause I think they're the same colour, and replacements from Toyota cost a fortune.....

Valandor: Cause I go shopping alot? (which I don't!!) and I like the carputer idea, but one in the MR2 will be enough (someone's excited about it!) and yes, it should sound awesomerer soon, I'll be saying "huh?" alot :dance: LMAO!!!

Lesley :lmao: