Mazda Rims With Same Offset As Ke20

Doogs

The offsets are different, mazdas sit out wider on the early rx rims, but the circa 1980 626 rims are in closer. I'm pretty sure that my rx steelies are 25 p, and I'm sure they're wider. Increased track at the back {Diff end} by 30mm. Hard for me to measure the front becuase of the lowering/different camber. 626 rims appear to be 27 p. Don't know if this was a weird set or common ones, but they sit in more, so it's a fine line near the front struts with slightly fatter rubber. {215 45} I had to space my 16's out 20 mm at the front, and the guy who sold them to me swore that they were "bolt on customs" etc. Seems they are off a series 1/2/3 rx7, and have about 32 p offset. This sets them in nicely on the back guards, where the clearance is sweet, but the front is too close and just rub on the strut if not spaced if my rubber is a little wide. That's with 205 45's, but still varies with brands. I've had up to 20mm difference in tyres that were the "same" profile, but it all varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. I've generally found that the cheap stuff overstates it's width, plus is not as tractable, the better gear has been wider, and stickier but costs more. I'm sick of every tyre I've ever owned and never had rubber that is good. Next time I'm goind for some good stuff, something that's 195/45 and I'm very confident that with the better rubber/get what you pay for etc that I'll have much better results. Oh, btw, lots of places to find a kind soul with a honing machine, even here in hicksville. Last set I got done were honda 100pcd going onto girl cousins "pride and joy" rice burner Daewoo, honed them out 0.4mm-fits great now!! That was free, but retail on a set won't be much as the labour should be 20 mins for a decent fitter/turner. Don't get your hub size wrong cos wheels fall off at the most inconvenient times, for some reason on long lonely stretches, or in state forests seem to be popular! Worth the expense and effort to do this one right methinks.......

Members dont see this ad

My early rx7 alloys fitted well with 185/65/13's. Only have to chamfer the centre hole to fit on the front or the wheel nuts come loose and the wheel falls off :dance: in front of Red and all of the TCCA guys :lolcry:

Also had the stuck wheel experience after painting my RX4 steelies. HAd to drive around in circles with the wheel nuts loose to get it off. The BIG rubber mallet wouldn't moove the wheel.

Edited by coln72