Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tims Sr20de Ae70 Hardtop Project

Featured Replies

Did you end up deciding on a colour?

 

Some inspiration pics 4 ya...

 

72007103_full.jpg

 

P1010204.jpg

 

I'm personally going to end up going gunmetal grey on mine (Unless I change my mind).

  • Replies 93
  • Views 119.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Hey, thanks for the pics Paul that was inspiring, they look really good in red. I'm going back to have a look at colour charts one more time this saturday morning and decide then on what I want. It will most likely be red I'm just not sure what exact sort of shade yet.

 

As for yours, I trust it arrived safely? Hope you're gonna put up a thread for it, would be good to follow.

 

And yeah gunmetal grey will look sweet!

Edited by simsey

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Undercoated + guide coated back panels. (notice the flared guards :hmm: ) Bonnet is also undercoated.

 

Just have to panel beat the front guards and doors before I can undercoat them, the're in pretty bad shape so it's going to take a bit of work.. :sob: , I would go and replace them with some better condition panels but there's none around for this model!!!

 

Hit me up if you know of any!

post-6085-1219962757_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1219962771_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1219962830_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1219962844_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1219962859_thumb.jpg

TE71 and TE72 should be the same as far as I'm aware. There should be some TE72 stuff around on trademe, no?

Did you end up deciding on a colour?

 

Some inspiration pics 4 ya...

 

72007103_full.jpg

 

P1010204.jpg

 

I'm personally going to end up going gunmetal grey on mine (Unless I change my mind).

 

 

 

 

That second one is hot!!!! A nice straight body sprayed white/white pearl looks hot too.

  • Author
TE71 and TE72 should be the same as far as I'm aware. There should be some TE72 stuff around on trademe, no?

 

AH! You're right they are the same :P never thought of that! Theres a couple of TE71s for sale on trademe at the moment but no one wants to sell me just the panels :jamie:... The search goes on..

 

That second one is hot!!!! A nice straight body sprayed white/white pearl looks hot too.

 

Hell yeah that looks hot.. Well I'll have the nice straight body but I won't have the nice pearl paint with the budget I'm on...

  • 6 months later...
  • Author

Engine bay painted..

 

post-6085-1237490402_thumb.jpg

 

post-6085-1237490416_thumb.jpg

 

post-6085-1237490451_thumb.jpg

 

Not bad for a garage job.

nice project

 

looks like a te71 coupe

saw one of these racing back in the early 80's with flares and monster rims.....Phatt

 

 

keep up the good work

 

 

p.s wanna do mine ? lol

  • Author

cheers bud, yeah the front half from the door shuts forward is exactly the same as a te71.

 

 

gotta love the mix match ability toyotas are great for!!

 

 

 

hahaha sure, you supply the plane tickets and :D & i'll be on my way.

Car is looking great.

 

Could you do me a favour and post some close up shots of the lights and grill while they are off the car, if you don't mind?

 

I have a random C grill here, and some headlight brackets and I have no idea what they are off, I suspect it may be your front end.

 

Have a good one.

  • Author
Car is looking great.

 

Could you do me a favour and post some close up shots of the lights and grill while they are off the car, if you don't mind?

 

I have a random C grill here, and some headlight brackets and I have no idea what they are off, I suspect it may be your front end.

 

Have a good one.

 

Thanks mate, yeap I will post up pics of the lights and grill as soon as I can get them from the car, as it's not currently at my home.

 

Painted door shuts and underside of boot and bonnet over the weekend :P

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

SHES PAINTED!!!!! :bash:

 

CHECK IT OUT!

 

Stace givin it some tender rubbin..

paintday1.jpg

 

All sweet to go to the booth..

paintday2.jpg

 

Shits getting exciting..

paintday3.jpg

 

YUSSS!

paintday4.jpg

 

Love it

paintday5.jpg

 

paintday6.jpg

 

paintday7.jpg

 

There are a few wee imperfections in the final paintjob, but i was kinda expecting that considering this is the first panel job ive ever done on a car.. Overall i'm f@%king wrapped with it.

 

Now to put it all back together..:y:

this thing is sick dude

i love the shape of these cars, sometthing different :bash:

keep up the good work

Good progress. Congrats on a big step towards finishing.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.