Help!!! Ke55 Or Ke70??

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just don't complain when you go to sell your corolla and find the resale price is shite because everyone devalues them... :D

amen, don't publicly talk down prices, coz one day you will the be the one selling :yes:

go with the 55. has a more oldskool look than the 70.

in my opinion a 70 needs a lot of work to look nice.

but on the other hand the 70 has a better rear suspension setup.

depends what you want oldskool? or in between.

the 55 was the last rounded sorta car and the 70's are all really boxy.

thats what i was thinking. A ke55 looks a lot nicer stock than a KE70 and if its just a daily driver you don't want to be spending bucketloads of cash just to get a nice looking KE70. i do like a nice KE70 though, specially with some 8 inch wide 15s and dumped on its arse, but that costs cash and a daily isnt meant to be a money pit.

for a track car id take the KE70 but for driving day to day or 1/4 mile beast id take the 55 because its old school and not just an old car, if that makes sense.

EDIT: should read the whole thing first. nice choice dude, she looks clean and hopefully the rust wont cause you too much of a headache

Edited by godlovesugly

say what you want i don't think that a stock ke70 is worth 2-3k

and as for my comment about it being a s'box, stock they do not handle well, go fast, and arnt anything special in the comfort department and guzzle fuel... having said that once some of these problems are solved with minimal mods it completely transforms them into a cheap box of fun. ill always have one. i don't think anyone could really disagree with what i have said though..

lol at "bog" comment....

amen, don't publicly talk down prices, coz one day you will the be the one selling :yes:

I'm as happy to sell my car at a reasonable price as i am happy to buy a car at a reasonable price... greed doesn't sit well with me.

Actually, once i've finished my project, i'll probably still offer my car for less than all the rusty, shit heap, P plater THRASHED, dodgey home modded examples i've seen so far.

Its seem that alot of people are willing to take advantage of nieve car buyers for personal gain...I'm not one of those people so i have no incentive to not pulicly state realistic car values.

:D

I'm as happy to sell my car at a reasonable price as i am happy to buy a car at a reasonable price... greed doesn't sit well with me.

Actually, once i've finished my project, i'll probably still offer my car for less than all the rusty, shit heap, P plater THRASHED, dodgey home modded examples i've seen so far.

Its seem that alot of people are willing to take advantage of nieve car buyers for personal gain...I'm not one of those people so i have no incentive to not pulicly state realistic car values.

:D

whoa whoa whoa its not like we're asking $10,000 for a bog stock KE70. $2000 for a reasonable condition, roadworthy KE70 is hardly greedy, unreasonable or "taking advantage".

If you want to devalue your car when you come to sell it, be my guest, but don't make life hard for other corolla owners.

whoa whoa whoa its not like we're asking $10,000 for a bog stock KE70. $2000 for a reasonable condition, roadworthy KE70 is hardly greedy, unreasonable or "taking advantage".

If you want to devalue your car when you come to sell it, be my guest, but don't make life hard for other corolla owners.

The problem is people aren't asking $2000 for a good clean example with reg and roady, they are asking it for rusty, thrashed buckets.

KE70 is a 4 door small car... and to some a great looking car.

it is NOT

a presteige car,

a sports car

a performance car (unless profesionally modded)

a collectable car

a rare car

.... If it were any of these things, people wouldn't be molesting them in great numbers.

The problem is not just the sellers, its the buyers... clearly they have NO idea on how to value a car.

Firsty, these cars were a great car to buy at a good BUT that mindset has stuck even after the price has risen beyond a good price.

Secondly they don't know the true cost of returning a car back to actual good condition. They don't factor in the potential cost of repairs into the price of the car.

"If you want to devalue your car when you come to sell it" ....

I got my car for $400

All the work done on it is by a proffesional.. no corners cut.

It is being properly rust treated to prevent any future rust.

It not driven by a car trashing P plater.

Its not modded by a hack.

All i've done is add value to it... and its all honest value... some thing most can't boast.

"but don't make life hard for other corolla owners."

Yet greedy people are more than welcome to to make it hard for potential Rolla owners by asking 4 digits for rusty bricks with torn seats, thrashed engines and half assed unroadworthy mods.

Yet greedy people are more than welcome to to make it hard for potential Rolla owners by asking 4 digits for rusty bricks with torn seats, thrashed engines and half assed unroadworthy mods.

i agree with what your saying about bullshit prices even for unrunning, or rusted out non regod cars that arnt worth shit.

but if the buyer deems that the money he has saved for the past 17 years of his life should be spent on such hunk of crap, then goodluck to both seller and buyer.

sellers don't ask these prices if people arnt paying them. you shouldnt be getting antsy at the sellers, its the moronic buyers you have to be careful of :D

i agree with what your saying about bullshit prices even for unrunning, or rusted out non regod cars that arnt worth shit.

but if the buyer deems that the money he has saved for the past 17 years of his life should be spent on such hunk of crap, then goodluck to both seller and buyer.

sellers don't ask these prices if people arnt paying them. you shouldnt be getting antsy at the sellers, its the moronic buyers you have to be careful of :D

Its everyone.

Sure the sellers wouldn't ask stupid prices if they were'nt going to get the money, still its no justification for ripping people off.

I've had people tell me how little they've paid for their car, then they've tried to sell it for 4 times what it costs them... their reasoning is becuase they've done dodgey mods and put it some 6x9's! Mind you they've also flogged the shit out of it and "fixed" the rust with bog.

That plain greedy as well as stupid.

Sure the buyers are NIEVE to believe the prices are fair, if they are new to the game, they wont know any better... it doesn't make them stupid, it just makes them unknowledgable.

However if they read this article and they still hand over 4 digits for rust, then are beyond stupid.

The buyer does have a significant potential control over the market but they don't know it.

This is a forum, a COMMUNITY of fellow Rolla lovers, we should be looking after each other not smegin each other over.

A fool and his money are soon parted...

If you want to protect people from being burned how about doing a write up on what to look for when buying a corolla.

I have, i'm just yet to post it.

I'll probably get banned for upsetting those who have paid to much for there Rollas and would like to get that money back and the greedy people that are selling or intend on selling for a tidy profit.

I'll probably get banned for upsetting those who have paid to much for there Rollas and would like to get that money back and the greedy people that are selling or intend on selling for a tidy profit.

Hrmm...can't think of any mods or admins that have either paid too much or are trying to sell a car for too much so I'd say you're pretty safe. I'd hope we're not that petty either.

I think you misunderstood my aim. I'm only here trying to protect the interests of all current and future corolla owners. Sure there's always going to be the $500 bargain but they should be an exception not a rule. But what ever happened to bargaining? If you're happy to pay the asking price so be it. If you're not, bargain. If you're still not... walk away!

if people are naive to car prices that is their own fault, all it takes is five minutes on a car forum to find out the true value of a car. you want an RX3, go to sickrotars.com and ask what they are worth, you want a rolla you come here, the majoirity of people on forums are decent people who will help out and you probably wouldnt even have to sign up to the forum, I'm sure there would already be theads you could read.

i know an old dude who lives from the money he makes by buying cheap runabouts and getting them roadworthy and then selling them off to young people on their Ps. he doesnt rip people off though, the mods he does are to improve reliability and safety, not to look fully sick cuz

Hrmm...can't think of any mods or admins that have either paid too much or are trying to sell a car for too much so I'd say you're pretty safe. I'd hope we're not that petty either.

I never specified mods or admins.

The use of the word "ban" was not to imply that the mods or admin are the people that would get upset, merely a Kalua induced expressive exagiration.

I think you misunderstood my aim. I'm only here trying to protect the interests of all current and future corolla owners. Sure there's always going to be the $500 bargain but they should be an exception not a rule. But what ever happened to bargaining? If you're happy to pay the asking price so be it. If you're not, bargain. If you're still not... walk away!

Bargaining is quite fair but when someone is trying to sell you a thrashed bucket of rust for $1500 - $2000, good luck "bargaining" them down to, or even close to a realistic and reasonable price.

I have been walking.. ALOT!

if people are naive to car prices that is their own fault, all it takes is five minutes on a car forum to find out the true value of a car. you want an RX3, go to sickrotars.com and ask what they are worth, you want a rolla you come here, the majoirity of people on forums are decent people who will help out and you probably wouldnt even have to sign up to the forum, I'm sure there would already be theads you could read.

OK say i'm new to Rollas and i would like to own 1.... google search Corolla forum and we find .... Rollaclub.com....

So now i'm seeing that people want $1200 + for run down vehicles.

According to you thats the best way to an accurate value of a car... WRONG!

The fact is forum almost always have grossly inflated prices as its a place were a great number of potential buyers congregate. The higher the consentration of desired demagraph the higher the competition and therefore the faster the inflation.

Forums are a convenient place to look but they don't truely reflect the current market value.

By the way naivity is simpley the result of lake of experience... being new to something in not an issue of "fault"

:)