Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blinded's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been out of town (Def Leppard in Canberra!)

 

The carbs were eBay'd so I am unsure what size engine they were from, how ever I think that a 2litre Alfa rings bells. I have had them both apart and cleaned and also put new kits through them at the same time. However I didn't check any of the jet sizes when they were apart as I was going to have them all set up by a pro. I will get the sizes for jets etc tomorrow afternoon. Will check which way the fuel is being squirted into the carbies as well. TBH I had no idea that it could even change. I assumed that they would just fire straight down basically.

 

Also, regarding ram tubes: Are they very safe to use? I have been told to avoid using them as apparently the filters get sucked into the engine or something. Assuming he means they deteriorate and pieces break free? I was going to just run standard square filters but I would prefer ram tubes. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of any bad experiences with them?

 

Also, this video has a little better sound quality which may or may not help with diagnosing.

 

Will report in asap with jet sizes.

 

Thanks, Alex.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey did you get your carbies off Gem parts on eBay? If so, do you mind me asking how much you paid?

 

Cheers.

  • Author

Hey mate,

 

Got the carbies from a private seller on eBay, not Gem Parts. I think the ones he has for sale (gem parts), are full reconditioned ones, so they are nice and expensive. I paid $220 for mine including postage, but spent another $50 on kits and cleaning them.

 

 

Update: Car runs and drives again! Still isn't perfect, however it is enough to get it to a tuner. Basically, haven't changed anything, but instead put a plate across about 1/3 of the 4 throats to restrict air flow, and instantly picked up throttle response and torque. Actually pulled better than what it did when it was running fine with the 32/36. I still don't know exactly what the problem is but I am assuming that it is air flow/speed related :hmm: Atleast I can drive it to get done properly :lolcry: Sounds bloody tough though, I'm verry impressed. Has the occasional backfire when off the throttle, but I am assuming that is just due to it being not perfectly tuned/timed and just being slightly over fuelled.

 

May report in again soon if any thing else changes.

 

-Alex

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

:D :jamie: :P

 

My wheels FINALLY turned up! Feel very relieved now that I have them sitting on my table. In pretty good condition too. A little bit of gutter rash, but apart from that, they look great. Measured them too, and turns out they are 8.5" wide and not 8", still a +10 offset though. Little bit wider is always good though, providing they don't foul on anything by half an inch :P

 

post-2858-1227594119_thumb.jpg

 

Car is still getting jetted etc. Hopefully it won't take too much longer as each day I am missing driving it more. The KE55 daily I am borrowing is nowhere near as fun to drive, especially being auto :(

 

That is all for now. :o

nomomomomom. They look shit hot dude. Did you only get two, or four?

  • Author

:P

 

Only got the pair. There was another set for sale by the same guy that were 7.5" +0 which I wanted for the front, but I couldn't afford them at the time :D And now due to this massive failing Australian dollar, I'll have to wait a while to get some more for cheap, so instead might have to fork out more than I want to( takumi tax) and buy a set of fronts locally.

Edited by bLinded_

Just keep an eye out for some man. I waited a while for mine, and i got a set of 15x7's +20 for $250 i think. One of them has abit of rash, but apart from that they are overrated wheels. So you just gotta keep an eye out for the ones you want...and be patient :P

  • Author

Haha I know how to be patient :P *Hints to thread name* Yeah unfortunately as soon as widths go greater than 7" wide and offsets go less than +15, prices tend to skyrocket. :D But I will just keep my eye out, and see what actually pops up and when.

Haha at least if you ar patient, when things happen, you know that its what you want o happen. It has taken me pretty much a year to get mine to where it is today, and i couldn't be happier with it. Will probaly take me another year to get my 5k built. Haha buts its all worth it :P

With the wheels being 8.5" instead of 8", just make sure you're measuring where the tyres would bead on the wheels, not lip to lip. Lip to lip will usually end up about an inch bigger than the real width. If it's really 8.5" wide then congrats! I want them. :P :D

  • Author
With the wheels being 8.5" instead of 8", just make sure you're measuring where the tyres would bead on the wheels, not lip to lip. Lip to lip will usually end up about an inch bigger than the real width. If it's really 8.5" wide then congrats! I want them. :P :)

 

Ha yeah I've measured them properly. Checked them when I first got them out of the box just to make sure they were the size and offset stated. But yeah scored a half inch so that is a small bonus for having to wait so long for them :dance:

 

just need a front pair now...Wanna sell me yours? :yes:

Bahaha. I'm not planning on selling my wheels at the moment, but I will definitely put them up for grabs if/when I get another defect. Just over it. hahaha.

 

Will let you know, I did promise you I'll sell them to you first if you were still interested. :dance:

  • Author
Bahaha. I'm not planning on selling my wheels at the moment, but I will definitely put them up for grabs if/when I get another defect. Just over it. hahaha.

 

Will let you know, I did promise you I'll sell them to you first if you were still interested. :P

 

Was worth another try :dance: Damn, you got defected in the KE? That sucks. Anything major or just something little like wheel widths? Hope that you don't cop any more, last thing I want to see is your car being parted out.

 

But yeah, am still interested in the fronts, but I'm in no hurry so I'm sure that I'll be able to find some well before you decide to sell yours :)

I was lucky to have been let off with a major defect, but only for wheels protruding from guards and tyres. No roadworthy certificate needed or a fine, just a check up at VicRoads. I got pulled up on the way home from the city at 3am and on a main road, I asked for it really.

 

I live in one of Victoria's defect hot spots so I wouldn't be surprised if I got defected again, it's a question of when it'll happen.

 

I'll definitely let you know when they're for sale.

 

 

Hurry up and install your wheels already! :dance:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.