Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

ok guys I have a pretty big update on the car, a fair bit has happened good, and bad.

Got the Twin Shock mod done on the weekend, the results are stupidly good, the first time i drove it,

I was kinda in shock about how well it went around corners, not one sign of understeer, on shity old tyres,

but the back just goes out a bit more now.

And the bad is someone hit me going around a round-about, it was his fault, but its really annoying as the car looks like shit,

but ill fix it up over time.

Any way here are some pics.

post-4678-1225059479_thumb.jpg

post-4678-1225059534_thumb.jpg

post-4678-1225059589_thumb.jpg

yeah its pretty gay, but its all covered.

Um we pretty much just came up with the shock mod, i don't really have a guide but, i can take some more pictures and set it out in a step by step way. the shocks used are monroe GT gas, if i was to use another shock i would go for a koni red, i just used the monro because i already had them. when your mouting it to the control arm you want to get it far as to the outside as possible but room can be a problem.

Ill do a big write up thing with pictures and everything, so it makes more sence.

Cheers Sam

hey guys i have seen this modification and witnessed the handling my self. sam and his dad have made this corolla into a rollacoasta but with a stearing wheel. best handling car i have been in. If i had a corolla i'd do the exact same thing with in a second. it's made me want to buy one.

Ill do a big write up thing with pictures and everything, so it makes more sence.

Cheers Sam

I'd love that, Sam... Should make a new thread for it - "Quad shocks on KE3x front - How-to guide" - or something like that :D

Nice wagon. I bought one for $500 too!

Cheers,

Vinnie.

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone, have been doing some work to the car lately. I decided to respray it because of the damage and so got a new guard and got it underway.

it made it easy as my dad used to own a body works so respraying it was pretty dam cheap and a nice clean finish.

it took me about 2 weeks on and off to get done mostly getting it rubbed down nice and straight, but its worth it as I'm really happy with the results.

i decided to get rid of the front bar as well as it was pretty bent and I prefer it without it, and just put the front lights in the stone tray

we just did it in 2 pac and mixed up the colour so it's more red than the original colour but i prefer it like that.

as well as this I'm thinking of putting another engine in. An 18RG with twin solexes, need to find out some more info on this though,

any way here are some pics ill get some progress shots up later, because there on my phone.

post-4678-1239960576_thumb.png