Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Ke30 2 Door Project.. It's Got Potential!

Featured Replies

Hey all,

well it's the first time I've posted in here!

The last time I attempted to post up pics of my ride, it was giving me trouble!

 

I have a KE30 2 door, which my uncle found for me in his neighbours yard!!

My uncle bought it off his neighbour for next to nothing, and then I got it off my uncle and traded him an old car stereo of mine (CD Stacker and head unit)!! Yes, a stereo that is worth about $80 on E-bay (which doesn't play MP3 CD's) was my payment for this beast!

Best of all, my uncle that wanted the stereo doesn't even have a computer and doesn't know what MP3 CD's are, so it was a perfect deal!

 

The car was sitting around for 6 months in my uncles neighbours yard, so it hadn't been run for a while.

My Uncles neighbour bought a new Subaru wagon thing and instead of selling the corolla straight away, they just left it sit there until my uncle bought it off them!

After I got it off my uncle, I did the once-over and made sure it was all legal and everything worked!

Then I took it down to Services SA to get it registered!

 

I noticed something interesting on the rego papers, in the Engine Number Section, it said 5K#######

I thought.. 5K motor? Hmmmm that would be a bonus, and sure enough.. I found out It does have a 5K in, when I brought it home and popped the bonnet to have a decent look at the engine number and see if it matched the papers and yep it's a 5K alright!

 

Next bonus was the gearbox, after my first drive home I only took 60Km/h roads, so I only got as far as 4th gear, but when cruising on the highway on my second trip, I found it it's actually a 5 Speed!!!

 

Then I found out that the little things on the car like the driving lights and air horns actually worked!!

And the Dash has been customised with a Tacho (where the clock used to be), a custom centre consol (with a clock inbuilt.. That works too!) and seperate volts and oil pressure gauges! The Fuel and temp gauges work like a charm (first corolla I have had where I haven't had trouble with the fuel and temp gauges)

The roof is carpeted, has an old-skool pioneer stereo with Pioneer 6x9's that also work, and even has 2 Mag Wheels on front with near new tyres!

 

Now to the negatives:

It has been resprayed in Green from the origional mustard colour

the paint is peeling in areas and has some surface rust, but thankfully there's no major body rust or dents, so with a full rub down and re-spray, it should be an awesome looking 2 door!

 

Pics:

post-1761-1216043796_thumb.jpgpost-1761-1216044012_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1216044754_thumb.jpgpost-1761-1216044923_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1216045118_thumb.jpgpost-1761-1216045346_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1216045684_thumb.jpgpost-1761-1216045716_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1216045749_thumb.jpgpost-1761-1216045771_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1216045827.jpgpost-1761-1216045861_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1216045886_thumb.jpgpost-1761-1216045953_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1216045972_thumb.jpg

Well done KJ's, you didnt even take advantage of your uncle off. he's happy and so are you :(

 

Your right, plenty of potential there for sure...

Edited by ROL-110

  • Author

Thanks mate!

Well I always wanted a wagon or panelvan as my next corolla, caus I do Mobile DJ'ing and there's not a lot of room for PA gear in the 2 door, not to mention trying to get gear into the back seat! But we have another car that we use for DJ'ing, so it's not the end of the world! Plus, as soon as I started driving this car, I fell in love with it - so the only way I'll get rid of it is if I find a good wagon or panelvan!

 

KJ :-)

  • Author

If I could choose out of any of your cars mate, u know it'd be the KE50!

 

Pics of my KE50 going up shortly!

 

KJ :-)

If I could choose out of any of your cars mate, u know it'd be the KE50!

 

Pics of my KE50 going up shortly!

 

KJ :-)

 

Are you serious!!? Ke50's are like toyota's version of the RX5 - Nobody wants one cause they're bloody ugly!!!

 

....no offence Jip!! :(

  • Author

Haha, stock as a rock KE50's may look a little.. um.. I guess I could say.. "different"

But trust me, with some simple mods, they are a one-of-a-kind amazing corolla creation!

Back me up here Jon lol!

 

KJ :-)

Sorry, I was writing something when my internet decided to SMEG it self. TELSTRA SUX :(

 

Its an acquired taste and once you own one, you love it!! :(

 

Besides, I remember seeing a Top Gear episode once. The presenter said if your going to collect a car, go for a car that wasn't seen as attractive and didn't sell well. Cause now, if restored, that car should be able to fetch a fairly good price as they aren't as common.

 

You see ugly, I see $$

  • Author

HAHA that's an interesting point,

however I see beauty regardless of others different views!

 

:-)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.