Ke20 Fuel Tank Capacity?

What I never understood about the picking up the crap in the bottom story is that the fuel pick up is on the bottom any way....

maybe it's stuff floating on top?

just worked out my fuel economy for the 4k. 9.5L/100km. is this a bit high for a 1.3L? i use the car for commuting so it usually just does cold starts with the choke out a lot of the time, is this what is sucking up all my petrol? what is figure everyone else getting for fuel economy?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to have issues with using a lot of fuel in my old ke20 until i realised i was letting the choke stay out too far for too long on cold starts. now with the new wags i start it first thing with the choke all the way out then straight away push it back in around half way, let it sit there for abit to sort itself out then its all good, obivously give it abit more choke if it starts to carry on. ive found i have abit more fuel now, it was noticeably sucking wayyy to much fuel before.

I used to get 11l/100 with an 88/42 cam and daily 7Krpm visits. So there must be something wrong with the ignition or carb. A well maintained 4K should be in the 7-8L/100 bracket from most accounts, even lower if your a nanna on the way to church :bash:

maybe it's stuff floating on top?

just worked out my fuel economy for the 4k. 9.5L/100km. is this a bit high for a 1.3L? i use the car for commuting so it usually just does cold starts with the choke out a lot of the time, is this what is sucking up all my petrol? what is figure everyone else getting for fuel economy?