Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Broken Heater Hoses

Featured Replies

hey the other day when I changed my engine over I must have busted a heater hose somewhere between the firewall and the heater... since there all copper pipe from the fire wall to the heater and a real pain in the arse to get to if you have big hands is there an easy way to fix the massive puddle producing fountain and keep my heaters? oh I allready bypaced the heaters hoses from the engine to keep the water flowing through the engine and not onto my floor. so I guess I want to know if I can replace it with rubber heater hose or do I need new copper pipe?

Sounds to me like your heater box has a leak, had the same thing happen to mine about a year ago, you'll have to find another heater box and rip half the dash apart to swap it..

  • Author

I assume a heater bow out of a 55 will fit into a 35?

I rely on my heater as a demister when driving through heavy rain, nothing worse than not seeing where you are going, hence why i went to the trouble of ripping it out and swapping it..

meh leave it.

don't want so sound like I'm trying to diss you or anything, but if you have that attitude towards anything that may require any work, you or your car is not going to get any better / let alone be any more functional...

 

If you put the effort in to fix it / replace it you can say

 

a) ive pulled my dash apart, it took along time, i made mistakes and i learnt from it, i now know how to pull my dash apart

b) Ohh so thats how the heater system works

c) future refrence

d) find any other possible problems / things that may go wrong in future...

 

$0.02

matt......how about when i decide to do mine we can work on it together.....i will be replacing mine.....but i just can't be bothered atm with the amount of other stuff i need to do on the car.

record is complete dash down to fire wall out in about 40 Min's with everything out and labeled - screws and all ! :insane:

 

lol sure Simon, I'm up for it anytime.

 

Pull a hole corolla apart in a day? try 4 hours heheheheheh

 

Today at work we got a Ke55 2 door cope in - was a bit of a bush basher, auto 4K with air con, custom suspension brace... was a weird old thing. Got one of the guys very suspicious to why i knew more about this car than the qualified mechanic did - Bahahaha

I had a similar problem with a water leak inside the cabin years ago. It turned out to be one of the copper pipes (the one with the tap on it). It was leaking from the tap and so i replaced it with a genuine toyota one. $100 and something bucks later, it was fixed.

meh leave it.

don't want so sound like I'm trying to diss you or anything, but if you have that attitude towards anything that may require any work, you or your car is not going to get any better / let alone be any more functional...

yes it wasnt exactly a very productive reply......

 

so I guess I want to know if I can replace it with rubber heater hose or do I need new copper pipe?

 

and he wasnt asking "should I do it or not"

Today at work we got a Ke55 2 door cope in - was a bit of a bush basher, auto 4K with air con, custom suspension brace... was a weird old thing. Got one of the guys very suspicious to why i knew more about this car than the qualified mechanic did - Bahahaha

ROFL, such a wealth of knowledge these days!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.