Another Newbie - Some Assistance Required

TLP

Hey all.

I own a KE36 1976 Panel Van (if it has glass, is it still a "panel" van??) I have owned it since 1989 and gave it a facelift for its 30th birthday in late 2006.

gallery_6354_39_24280.jpg

gallery_6354_39_10538.jpg

gallery_6354_39_3688.jpg

gallery_6354_39_19488.jpg

On Saturday morning 26 July 2008 whilst parked on Robinson Road Geebung at around 4am, some so-and-so ran into it, causing a little bit of damage. Whilst looking around the net trying to source parts for the repairs, I came across this site, and lo and behold, there are others out there who are actually interested in these little beasties!! Below is the "aftermath" of the aforementioned mis-hap.

gallery_6354_38_58144.jpg

gallery_6354_38_29734.jpg

gallery_6354_38_45733.jpg

gallery_6354_38_2499.jpg

gallery_6354_38_25857.jpg

and the weapon of "mess" destruction left embeded in the corolla. My thinking is that it may have come from an alloy tray from the back of a utility. Anyone else got any ideas?

gallery_6354_38_2340.jpg

Now to the crux of my post. Where can I obtain parts to assist in the repair of this mess?? Thanking you for your assistance/comments in advance.

Edited by TLP

Members dont see this ad

Looking at that bit of alloy and the amount of damage, my guess is a curtainside pantech... a ute would have bounced off once it hit the door. Not that it matters now!

She's in good nick mate... good luck fixing her up. My suggestion, find yourself a complete donor vehicle for panels.

J

There was once a panel van at the wreckers at Boss Wrecking at Tingalpa.

Is not there then there is always Kelly's at Castledine, they have a KE36 and a KE38 that you could cut the back side panel out of as well as the B pillar. You could maybe skin a back door as well. For the door you could try a KE35/KE55s door and weld on the frame? I don't think you would be able to use the KE35/55s glass. I'm not sure tho as I've never seen them both side by side.

Its sad that it took this for you to find us but its good to have you hear. If you need help with anything else give us a hollar.

Firstly, Thanks for your words of encouragement and quick replies.

I have contacted a number of wrecking yards recently, those being

All Brand Wrecking Brendale, Narangba Wrecking, Boss Wrecking Tingalpa, Kelly's Wreckers Carseldine, Boondall Auto Recyclers, All Car Spares Windsor, Carindale Wreckers, Beenleigh Auto Dismantlers, Self Service Auto Parts (ABC Wreckers) Wacol, Capalaba Wreckers, Just Toyota Gold Coast, aussie Car Recyclers, Pacific Highway Wreckers, Gold Coast Auto Wreckers, Salisbury Wreckers, and Ipswich Spares.

No luck with a panel van.

If others could keep an ear to the ground in relation to suitable parts, it would be appreciated, as it is only a "minor" cosmetic blemish. The rest is mechanically sound.

"A VAN BARELY ALIVE. GENTLEMEN, WE CAN REBUILD IT. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. WE HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO BUILD THE WORLD'S FIRST BIONIC VAN. THIS WILL BE THAT VAN. BETTER THAN IT WAS BEFORE. BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER. I GIVE YOU, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR VAN!"

May have to rename it from "The Wonder Wagon" (its a wonder it still goes) to "Steve Austin". For those a bit younger than I, do a Wikipedia search on "the six million dollar man"