In Need Of A Tandem Trailer

kangaroosa

Some of you may know that I am part way through a 12A in my KE30 conversion. Basically the price i have been quoted to do the full package is not as cheap as i hoped and finding someone to do the whole scope of fabrication work is beyond ridiculous. They all want to do certain parts of the job (i.e. Mount the engine and gearbox, but not fabricate custom extractors and exhaust). However i can get different trades to do the work to save myself a few grand......assuming I don't blow all the saved $$ on tow truck fee's.

So this is basically a call out to any Melbournians that are willing to lend me a tandem trailer on a few occasions to get my car from workshop to workshop.

Name your price, and i can even store it at my place full term for a few months during the scheduled works....or i can drop it back to you after each time i use it. Its your call. Name your price.

If I go this route it wont be for about 6 weeks until i can get it booked in.

If i bite the bullet and take it to a workshop that is willing to do all the work (engine, gearbox, tunnel, tail shaft, extractors, exhaust) It could happen next week and make a $5000 dint in my account.

Members dont see this ad
Some of you may know that I am part way through a 12A in my KE30 conversion. Basically the price i have been quoted to do the full package is not as cheap as i hoped and finding someone to do the whole scope (snip)

the liberty petrol station on warrigal road opposite bunnings does a double axle tandem car trailer for $30/24hrs

if u use it 6 times (ie. 30x6) you're only up for 180 dollars plus fuel and time

most towies will do a point to point tow for 50 dorrah cash inside metro melb

just got to get onto one of them who works for himself not the dispatcher/office who looks after him who will ream you for retail rates

you also got to think about sunk time and fuel, how much is your time worth for all the assing about to organise 6 tows?

how much are you saving dollars wise taking it from one place to the next to the next?

because if you get it all done at one place at least you've got someone to go back to if things are not right

rather than chasing 5 different people all arguiing about who's fault your particular problem is

don't get caught with your dick in your hand i did and it cost me about a grand spent with dickhead #2 diagnosing problems caused by dickhead #1 who only did a bit of the job.

most towies will do a point to point tow for 50 dorrah cash inside metro melb

just got to get onto one of them who works for himself not the dispatcher/office who looks after him who will ream you for retail rates

I am in the process of acquiring my towie but it will be at least 2 months off yet. I need to get it ready for springcar (hopefully) and get the race car prepped. If I had it running you could use my services but again I think it a little too early. I also have to rebuild mates BOSS XR8 ute before the end of August... When is the time for my projects??? :lol: **sigh**. There is going to be a pretty big shift in the towing industry soon and it is only going to be the private guys whom you will use as a certain large yellow corporation will have control of all Melbourne towing contracts including smash. The good news is there are loop holes.

Cheers