"jesus" - The Sacrificial Lamb?

machg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might make sure suspension is roughly standard height before trying for rego. Prepped the AE71 wags (aren't wagon designations normally different to other body styles? {e.g. AE92 AE95}) for towing, now just have to find a tow car and trailer. More interesting TE72 versus AE71 facts: TE72 front struts will take gay offset 15"s with tyres (just), AE71's won't, the spring perch seems to sit much closer to the wheel centres. Interesting.

Edited by machg

AE71RG-EWMDCQ ? In this case W stands for wagon.

Having driven your T-18, I don't think it or any of your cars would pass over the pits first or even second time around. :P

The AE71 is 1600cc, the 2T is 1600cc so that should not create too many problems. Turbo is something different, and I am fairly sure the car would need to be engineered to pass. Meaning a paid inspection by an actual engineer (not cheap), bigger front brakes or whatever the engineer wants, and all the paper work filled out and a big aluminum tag in the engine bay.

Solution: take the turbo off and stick the regular exhaust manifold on for inspection. You won't have to change the computer at all.

Keep the AE71 gearbox for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jonny, Rang my local mechanic today and he was like, yeah engine swaps ar O.K. as long as they are done "right" He even said you could put an engine from another make of car in and pass rego. as long as you did it "right". Presumably he also meant as long as you don't go for something extreme like a 1UZ in a ke20. LOL I am going to do the swap, turbo, everything and if he gives me any grief..."but you said over the phone yada, yada" Won't be my usual standard of dodginess either, and this car is a much, much better base to start with than the other rusty POS's I have bought in the past.

Cheers,

Mark