"jesus" - The Sacrificial Lamb?

machg

Made some progress: killed the engine anchoring the battery. Absolutely no spark, 2 minutes with the multimeter and I find no power getting to the coil. No power getting out of the relay box. Couldn't be stuffed finding out why, so I have hard wired a supply from the battery. Car actually goes another 10% better now. I'd say its got about 60% power now. Mixture screw is wound all the way down now (runs best like that). Also the spitting HT lead off seems to be related to the cylinder not being able adequately ignite the fuel in the cylinder. I played with the mixtrues and adjusted the screw the other way, it spluttered under load and spat the lead off, now that I have leaned it out it doesn't splutter anywhere near as much and hasn't spat a plug off since. Also fixed a fuel leak in the tank, it helps if you make sure the rubber gasket that goes on the top of the tank is sitting flat with the little rubber knob thingy located in its hole rather than being squashed under the rim, LOL.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Finished modding the sump for oil return for turbo. Yes, you can remove the sump without removing the engine, No, it is not easy!

AMEN to that even in a celica that is hard in the celica you have to drop the sway bar and nearly take it of then take off the oil pickup what a mission

I suspect the car is still running quite rich (only getting 350 kms per tank) so I am thinking hook up all the turbo stuff as is, retard the timing and taking it easy on standard boost. Then tune, wind up boost etc. when I go aftermarket ECU. Or should I just wait until I have the ECU before bolting on the turbo? If that's the case; bolt up aftermarket ECU first and get it running then add turbo, or bolt up all the turbo stuff and ECU at same time? (I am looking at an ECU which already has 3TGTEU maps installed)

Edited by machg

If you're looking at doing it safely (for the engine), then your best bet is to fit up the ECU and turbo at the same time, then get it tuned up to perfection.......

Alternatively, if you don't give a stuff about the engine, hook up the turbo now and boost it like mad, if it pops, replace, rinse, repeat.

Up to you.......

Considering its still not running 100%, I would be more inclined to fit and aftermarket ECU first.

If you take it to somebody to be tuned (just with new ECU) that can do some + pressure mapping for you, then it'll be a whole lot safer for your motor when you do fit the turbo. :(

Or do it all at once and get it tuned properly ONCE.

I vote NOT to just fit the turbo now though. :)

Cheers, guys, I am just going to be patient then. Considering the ECU has 3TGTEU maps already installed, it should be safe enough to drive with everything installed (including the same injectors as it was tuned with) if I take it easy, until I get it tuned properly, afterall I am dropping 200cc, so there is no way it should run lean. I suppose I should get the 3T fuel pressure regulator too, or is it exactly the same as a 2TGEU one?

P3290410.jpg

4 hose clamps, the last one is "structural" LOL

P3290411.jpg

about 5mm clearance to radiator

P3290412.jpg

top view

P3290413.jpg

I hope this will be enough surface area for effective cooling. Might go with some sort of stealth scoop setup.

Edited by machg