"jesus" - The Sacrificial Lamb?

machg

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to get a handle on the roller technique now. Getting the right consistency of paint, and speed of application seems to be the key. I stripped the roof back to bare metal (again) because I wasn't happy with the result. Bonnet has now had 4 coats with a 120 grit wet sand between. Tomorrow (weather and health permitting) 200 grit wet sand and another couple of coats. Hopefully by the time I finish this car, it will look half decent and I'll have enough skills to do a really good job on lazarust. Bought an EA Falcon inlet manifold the other day, complete with single point EFI :hmm:

you should be able to use just a weber adapter plate to fit that to a toyota manifold! :hmm:

You would have seen OLD-13H's (IIRC) turbo setup on AR.com using one of those injection setups?

Thanks for that, I haven't seen his set-up yet, I'll go and look now. Cheers, Mark

• 1 month later...

Monster bump, LOL! I have been doing a lot of thinking about how much horespower I want, and how I am going to get it (on low budget, LOL). I am going with My Next Big Idea (seperate thread) I already have two LM1949 injector driver chips that will be perfect for running any injector. I figure I will need enough LPG injector capacity for 200 hp, which I think should be achievable with a 2TGUE with a T3 sized turbo setup. Its impossible to find specific information on LPG injector horsepower capacity on the net, so I guess I'll have to go and talk to a real person. Does anyone know anyone in Hobart who does high performace (e.g. EFI) LPG work? On other news: I sprayed the 7th and 8th coats of the brightside paint as I wasn't happy with the rollering finish. It looks pretty good. I am going to do a very light sand with 800 or 1200 then try some polish. I have concluded that the paint is good stuff (seems very tough and sticks like chewy to a blanket), but its not exactly cheap, and if you want a good result, it is probably just as much work as a spray job. I have lost my phone, so its going to be a hassle taking pics, I'll take one once I have polished and buffed it.

Edited by machg

Getting these on pay day, maybe I should engrave "sux" under NISSAN on the centre caps to stir up the Silvia/Skyline boys...PB160172.jpgPB160179.jpg

The rims only just clear the front struts...PB160173.jpgPB160174.jpg

The tyre doesn't (Will have to get 195/50R15s)...PB160176.jpgPB160180.jpg

7th and 8th coats sprayed, result "acceptable"...PB160177.jpgPB160178.jpg

Oh yeah, gearbox is slowly dying so pulled engine and box yesterday...arghhhh!

Edited by machg

• 3 weeks later...

Well took a few days to get the gearbox sorted, drove the car a couple of days and it started misfiring. Pulled plugs and they were really oily. Ummed and aaarred about pulling the engine out (again), then the clutch fork let go. Decision made. 2TGEU T18, here I come!

Edited by machg

Well took a few days to get the gearbox sorted, drove the car a couple of days and it started misfiring. Pulled plugs and they were really oily. Ummed and aaarred about pulling the engine out (again), then the clutch fork let go. Decision made. 2TGEU T18, hear I come!

an easy choice. you will get quicker changing engines if you get the practice.

More hours under the bloody car today. Fitted an AE82 Twincam in tank fuel pump. Seemed to have 2 return lines, so spent 3 hours putting in another return line, on my back in black sand, thanks alot Sorell Council, pack of useless #$%^&*. I was quite proud of myself, the main metal fuel line had been cut, and given that its high pressure needed a good connection with a spread in the line to hold the hose on. Not having the proper tools (as usual) to put a spread in the line, I got a small washer and welded it to the line, then ground it down with the trusty angle grinder, sand papered of the rough edges and voila, secure connection. Hopefully I'll get the 2TGEU in tomorrow. Thanks for feedback guys. Mark

Update: 2TGEU sitting in engine bay and hooked up to the T50. Wiring 1/2 - 3/4 finished. Changed Thermostat housing top to match T18 radiator pipe. Quick question; EFI fuel lines: the same as Carb lines except for specification of rubber hoses (same clamps?) yes/no? Also the rubber fuel line that goes onto the fuel rail has a Banjo type fitting, which I think hooks up to an EFI specific fuel filter (or is it a purge/charcol canister), can I change this to a "normal" fuel line and run a high pressure in line filter?

Edited by machg